Glen Miller promoted to Associate Head Coach | The Boneyard

Glen Miller promoted to Associate Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Blaney staying on staff, per Neill Ostrout

Reaction Score
Very cool & great move.
One of Miller's strengths is X's and O's - which should help KO during games.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Is Ricky Moore still coming? I assume as an assistant something something?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I don't see Ray coaching at any time in the reasonable future (if ever) but I would be surprised if Donyell doesn't end up on UConn's bench in a business suit somewhere down the road.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Glen Miller, starting the third season of his second stint on the UConn staff, will assume the duties of Associate Head Coach, while Karl Hobbs, last year’s Director of Basketball Administration, will join veteran George Blaney as fulltime assistant coaches. Kevin Freeman, who was added to the UConn staff last year as Assistant Director of Administration, will take over as Director of Basketball Administration.

Congrats to Glen. It's a great staff. Blaney is now an asst coach instead of associate head coach? Wasn't Blaney associate HC under Calhoun? I guess he doesn't mind the title change, and while no one is probably surprised, has anyone read any comments by Blaney on how he feels about it? I hope/assume that it's all roses and daisies, so to speak, but is it an effective demotion for Blaney?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Blaney's primary job was to calm JC down when coach was about to blow a gasket.

This move sets the stage for KM & GM to develop an indefinite working relationship and allows GB one more season on the bench before calling it a career.

Reaction Score
Blaney will be fine. It was always assumed that he would quit whenever Calhoun did. He's doing us a favor by sticking around one last year to ease the transition.

Reaction Score
Blaney is now an asst coach instead of associate head coach? Wasn't Blaney associate HC under Calhoun? I guess he doesn't mind the title change, and while no one is probably surprised, has anyone read any comments by Blaney on how he feels about it? I hope/assume that it's all roses and daisies, so to speak, but is it an effective demotion for Blaney?

I'm quite sure that Blaney agreed to it. He's probably planning on retiring after the season anyway and wanted to help ease the transition into the new administration.

Reaction Score
Blaney is planning on retiring in March........that is inside somewhat pointless info from one of his very close friends....(not me) but I heard it second hand...

Reaction Score
which sucks btw because whenever I could I used to take advantage of those free seats!

Reaction Score
I have been told that GB did not want to go anywhere- but maybe the demotion helped change his mind. Either way glad he will be around this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom