Glad ND, L'ville games are at home | The Boneyard

Glad ND, L'ville games are at home

Reaction Score
It looks like we'll end up with 5 regular season games vs teams that are strong F4 contenders: @UCLA, ND, @Tx, @SC and L'ville.

I initially thought that the home/road split was a disadvantage, thinking Tx and SC might be the best of the bunch.

Based on results so far, I'd say we caught a break. Louisville, with a road win (OT) vs OSU and a 13 point win over Oregon, may well be the #2 team in the country, with ND not far behind.

That said, if we can get and stay healthy it is very difficult for me to see anyone beating us this year. The gap between UConn and the field appears to be significantly larger than it has ever been. And that's in spite of the fact that the team hasn't jelled yet.

Don't be fooled by the 4th quarter. Our average lead through 3 quarters has been 35 points. And that's against some pretty decent competition. It wouldn't be a shock if four of them end up in the Sweet Sixteen. This UConn team is an absolute beast!!

Reaction Score
I think it should not matter whether we are playing at home or away. If we are as good as we think we are, we should win handily. Anyway, the FF is at a supposed "neutral" site, but our game against MS was anything but fan "neutral." Actually, I really don't care all that much if we lose a game during the season. I mean, I don't want to, but what I want is the National Championship.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Generally agree, but the Texas game might be a slog.

Excellent senior backcourt, and Holmes will be back.

Last years` game with Texas was very physical and we only pulled away in the fourth quarter. Plus, Atkins banged her head early in the game and only played 6 minutes.

Reaction Score
Generally agree, but the Texas game might be a slog.

Excellent senior backcourt, and Holmes will be back.

Last years` game with Texas was very physical and we only pulled away in the fourth quarter. Plus, Atkins banged her head early in the game and only played 6 minutes.
Well informed comments. Have seen Texas play twice this year and when on, they are a beast. Great athletes at all positions and a lot of height and solid guards. Due to their tendency to play physical as you noted, suspect this will be a very different game than UConn is used to playing.

Reaction Score
Well informed comments. Have seen Texas play twice this year and when on, they are a beast. Great athletes at all positions and a lot of height and solid guards. Due to their tendency to play physical as you noted, suspect this will be a very different game than UConn is used to playing.
and the home team gets the whistle....I do believe that's the toughest game of the year...and it's away. OTOH, I think it was Pheesa who was quoted after the UCLA game about how much UConn likes to play in front of a hostile crowd and quiet them.

Reaction Score
I think it should not matter whether we are playing at home or away. If we are as good as we think we are, we should win handily. Anyway, the FF is at a supposed "neutral" site, but our game against MS was anything but fan "neutral." Actually, I really don't care all that much if we lose a game during the season. I mean, I don't want to, but what I want is the National Championship.
And you will get it this season!

Reaction Score
With a healthy Lou, yes it makes no difference at home or at road.
UCLA game proves it even without Lou.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom