Giving Away Martin DRS1 Guitar | The Boneyard

Giving Away Martin DRS1 Guitar

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Hey all,

So I've got a Martin DRS1 guitar--dreadnaught, really beautiful dark brown wood, sapele wood neck, really nice guitar. Issue is that airline mishandled it during a trip and caused a break at the base of the guitar. It still plays, but it's obviously not in amazing shape. It's a great guitar, so maybe someone will be interested. I'm sure it's worth more than $0 and one may be able to fully repair it, but I have another guitar and don't really feel the need so I'd rather just give it to someone who would like to add it to their collection

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I'm in Glastonbury. I can send pics over e-mail if necessary and would be willing to meet up anywhere in greater Hartford really

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
If offhegoes doesn't take it, I'd be interested. I'm down in Westport but drive up to NH every other weekend. lmk! I've been thinking about trying my hand at a guitar for a while now.

Also if you're interested I have a buddy whose son manufactures electric guitars, I dcould check and see if he can repair it for you.

Reaction Score
If you need a good luthier to repair it, I recommend Paul Neri in Clinton. Authorized Martin repair.

Reaction Score
I went to high school with this guy - now a well-known professional musician.

He's been posting over the past few days about BA having lost his custom guitar for a few days and is fired up to take it to the next level.

Screenshot_20180514-202606.png

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
If you need a good luthier to repair it, I recommend Paul Neri in Clinton. Authorized Martin repair.

paul has worked on all of my guitars for over 25 years. Good guy.

I took Banjo lessons from him 30 years ago too. Incredible player. Incredible flamenco guitar player too.

Reaction Score
I had Paul do some work on a guitar of mine years ago... Ken Nash in New London is also excellent. If the guitar is still floating about, I'll take it off your hands for you! I'm in Cromwell. Let me know!

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
paul has worked on all of my guitars for over 25 years. Good guy.

I took Banjo lessons from him 30 years ago too. Incredible player. Incredible flamenco guitar player too.

Huh. Im in the market for banjo lessons, though going the youtube lesson route may be better financially

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Huh. Im in the market for banjo lessons, though going the youtube lesson route may be better financially

Im not sure if Paul still teaches. He may just be doing luthier work.

Do you want to play scruggs style? I know some teachers.

Reaction Score
Just curious: exactly what/where is the damage?
who's getting it?
who's fixing it?

Reaction Score
Hey all,

So I've got a Martin DRS1 guitar--dreadnaught, really beautiful dark brown wood, sapele wood neck, really nice guitar. Issue is that airline mishandled it during a trip and caused a break at the base of the guitar. It still plays, but it's obviously not in amazing shape. It's a great guitar, so maybe someone will be interested. I'm sure it's worth more than $0 and one may be able to fully repair it, but I have another guitar and don't really feel the need so I'd rather just give it to someone who would like to add it to their collection
Hi UConnphil. I play a little guitar and have a friend who repairs guitars who lives right down the road from me. If you haven't found a good owner for the guitar I'm very interested in it. I live in New Hartford but work in Downtown Hartford and could easily get my way over to Glastonbury at any time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom