Give Me Liberty! What Say You? | The Boneyard

Give Me Liberty! What Say You?

Reaction Score
Liberty is on a real program high. Coming in off a huge win - first one over a SEC team in their history. #19 ranking - their best ever. There was a lot of celebrating in Lynchburg, VA. last weekend. They have a huge instate rivalry game against the VT Hokies at home next week. This feels like a classic trap game for them. It smacks of a potential upset win. I am all in on taking the Huskies + 14 with the hook. Let's hope it turns out to be a special day for us as we put on our bowling shoes and storm the field as mentioned in other threads. What Say You?

Reaction Score
Wouldn't make a prediction, as I think Liberty has proven it's a good team. But this sets up so much like the home Houston game in 2015 that it's scary. A UConn team with low expectations coming in sitting at 5 wins, but all against mediocre or crappy teams, and needing one more for bowl eligibilty. Ranked team from out of the region comes into the Rent for a nationally broadcast game with bigger fish to fry ahead of it. We have seen this movie before.

It's football. With a little luck (like a lateral leading to flea flicker leading to a TD)going through a LBs hands), and a great defensive effort, things can happen.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As Victor Rosa later confirmed, our sleepy 1st half performance against “lowly UMass”, after our euphoric BC victory, led to a loud halftime reality check where the team woke up and regained its intensity. That’s also likely to happen this Saturday—-to Liberty. Coming off their huge upset of Arkansas (and looking ahead to Va Tech next week), their lingering euphoria should offer us an opportunity to thrive in the first half and I wouldn’t be surprised to see us with the halftime lead.

But the second half will see the Flames come roaring back. Hopefully, our D can weather the heat of their offense and our O won’t repeat its “Ball St“ game plan.

Next week it’s Army at West Point.Their pride after a rough season will be on display and the triple option is always dicey. Liberty at home this Saturday is our best chance for bowl eligibility and a Mora win vs Hugh Freeze, who may be bound for Auburn, would certainly keep us in the conversation. Lets win!

Reaction Score
It will be a tough ask on Saturday. The offense has to play better. Has to. If for no other reason than to let the defense rest.

Reaction Score
Weather weather weather
As of now, rain does not seem to be an issue but wind could be disruptive. Looks like rain may even let up in time for tailgating with possible sun for game time. Here is the National Weather Service forecast as of now:

Rain likely, mainly before 7am. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 71. Breezy, with a south wind 11 to 20 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't make a prediction, as I think Liberty has proven it's a good team. But this sets up so much like the home Houston game in 2015 that it's scary. A UConn team with low expectations coming in sitting at 5 wins, but all against mediocre or crappy teams, and needing one more for bowl eligibilty. Ranked team from out of the region comes into the Rent for a nationally broadcast game with bigger fish to fry ahead of it. We have seen this movie before.

It's football. With a little luck (like a lateral leading to flea flicker leading to a TD)going through a LBs hands), and a great defensive effort, things can happen.
Unfortunately I do not think their qb will be sitting this one out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom