Give It Up For The CT SUN! | The Boneyard

Give It Up For The CT SUN!

Reaction Score
What a great win by the CT Sun!
With the gritty A. Thomas playing through obvious pain drawing on the memory of Willis Reed performance vs the Lakers in the 1970's!
When she was announced in the starting lineup it must have sent the Sun players sky high! Their leader was going to gut it out!
And did she ever! Having a double double!
Now one win from the finals! The Sun took the Aces best shot and threw it back in their faces!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Sun head coach Curt Miller said of Thomas, “She’s just a warrior. There’s nothing else you can say. She just is as competitive a person as I’ve ever been around, and you’re going to have to amputate that arm and shoulder before it’s going to keep her out.”

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Couldn't watch yesterday so I just watched the game on LeaguePass (the greatest bargain EVER) and I admit to being just about in tears down the stretch. This was a GREAT win and an EPIC performance by the REAL DPOY, Alyssa Thomas. Think about it - if AT doesn't get hurt last game the Sun probably sweep the mighty Aces... unreal.

The Sun won this on ball security and smothering defense. They had only 4 turnovers the entire game versus LV's 15... 11 addition possessions made up for some pretty poor shooting (1-11 from 3 and at LEAST 5 missed layups). The Sun also had 14 O-boards to LV's 8... more additional possessions.

Quick takes:
  • Alyssa Thomas is the REAL Defensive Player of the Year and should have at least been prominent in the MVP discussion, too.
  • Love Briann January's energy on the court, especially on D. Great positive personality, tireless work-a-holic and great addition to the squad. The Sun could sure use some of her 2018 shooting, though.
  • Bri Jones continues to be very solid at both ends of the court. Can't ask more from her.
  • Jas Thomas scored 10 pts, but more importantly had 6 assists and just one turnover... huge. Toss in 5 rebounds also.
  • Bonner, AT and Bri Jones with double-doubles... 3 dub-dubs in one postseason game has only happened 2 other times in league history. Balance!
  • To close the deal, the Sun will need to present some perimeter threat. 1-11 won't cut it. Also need a little more bench support from Charles (especially), Mompremier and Hiedeman on offense.
This is FAR from over, and I don't see Vegas quitting like LA did last year, but... always better to be 2-1 than 1-2.

PS - Despite her point output last night, I think Angel has been a better player for the Sun than the Aces over all. Should she really be taking more shots than Wilson?

Last edited:

psconn

Reaction Score
With the gritty A. Thomas playing through obvious pain drawing on the memory of Willis Reed performance vs the Lakers in the 1970's!
When she was announced in the starting lineup it must have sent the Sun players sky high! Their leader was going to gut it out!
Now one win from the finals! The Sun took the Aces best shot and threw it back in their faces!

FACTS!

Reaction Score
Couldn't watch yesterday so I just watched the game on LeaguePass (the greatest bargain EVER) and I admit to being just about in tears down the stretch. This was a GREAT win and an EPIC performance by the REAL DPOY, Alyssa Thomas. Think about it - if AT doesn't get hurt last game the Sun probably sweep the mighty Aces... unreal.

The Sun won this on ball security and smothering defense. They had only 4 turnovers the entire game versus LV's 15... 11 addition possessions made up for some pretty poor shooting (1-11 from 3 and at LEAST 5 missed layups). The Sun also had 14 O-boards to LV's 8... more additional possessions.

Quick takes:
  • Alyssa Thomas is the REAL Defensive Player of the Year and should have at least been prominent in the MVP discussion, too.
  • Love Briann January's energy on the court, especially on D. Great positive personality, tireless work-a-holic and great addition to the squad. The Sun could sure use some of her 2018 shooting, though.
  • Bri Jones continues to be very solid at both ends of the court. Can't ask more from her.
  • Jas Thomas scored 10 pts, but more importantly had 6 assists and just one turnover... huge. Toss in 5 rebounds also.
  • Bonner, AT and Bri Jones with double-doubles... 3 dub-dubs in one postseason game has only happen 2 other times in league history. Balance!
  • To close the deal, the Sun will need to present some perimeter threat. 1-11 won't cut it. Also need a little more bench support from Charles (especially), Mompremier and Hiedeman on offense.
This is FAR from over, and I don't see Vegas quitting like LA did last year, but... always better to be 2-1 than 1-2.

PS - Despite her point output last night, I think Angel has been a better player for the Sun than the Aces over all. Should she really be taking more shots than Wilson?
Wilson was 5-9 in the 1st half with 14 points, went 1-6 with 6 points in the second half.

Reaction Score
Got to give it up for A. Thomas. Playing on a chronic separated shoulder takes some serious stones. The pain med injection before the game & pure adrenaline must have gotten her through I guess. It was painful just to see her try to put on her gym jacket after the game. Can she do this for four more wins?

psconn

Reaction Score
AT does not need rest. :cool:

AT on Sunday...

1601060112714.png

psconn

Reaction Score
As a Storm fan, I think Clark can stake a claim on that title as well. It's pretty much impossible to compare primarily interior defenders to perimeter defenders. Probably should be one award for each.

Clark is always the player I worry about most on Storm when we play them. Stewie, Sue, Jewell occupy a ton of game planning, but its Alysha and Natasha that seem to kill us. Alysha's great, and as a Sun fan, I think she totally earned that 2nd place in the voting. It's the #1 that I have issue with. :D

Reaction Score
It was gritty, to be sure, but Willis could hardly walk and played about 10 minutes in that game. Clyde had the best game his career for the win. Thomas was in obvious pain, but she could run and played 39 minutes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom