Girls Jordan Brand 2017 game Barclays Center | The Boneyard

Girls Jordan Brand 2017 game Barclays Center

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Game is scheduled for April 14th. With Lexi, Mykala and Megan all playing. As I work in NYC, I was thinking of going and didn't know of what normal protocol is for the BYers to discuss and coordinate.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I have a ticket and will be coming up from D.C. that day. I think the girls' game starts at 5:00 or 5:50.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I don't know but am willing to check it out to see our future. Plus, I do like the Barclays Center for basketball.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Is this better than the McDonald's game?
It is likely about the same - a showcase with limited practice and little real defense and a lot of people trying to show how great they are and taking less than brilliant shots and making other stupid plays! It is a better than the NBA all star game and definitely a cut below the WNBA all star game because the players do not have the experience to play well together even without practice.

(You can tell I am not a fan of all star games in any form! Especially in basketball it seems. The only one that I actually think resembles real competition is the baseball one - because baseball is essentially a individual contest on each pitch masquerading as a team sport, and they added real consequences to the outcome with the home field for the WS determined by the winner so the players actually take it pretty seriously. I have tried watching the HS all star games on TV and I usually turn them off even when UConn has serious stars involved because you really don't get a sense for the quality of the players.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It is likely about the same - a showcase with limited practice and little real defense and a lot of people trying to show how great they are and taking less than brilliant shots and making other stupid plays! It is a better than the NBA all star game and definitely a cut below the WNBA all star game because the players do not have the experience to play well together even without practice.

(You can tell I am not a fan of all star games in any form! Especially in basketball it seems. The only one that I actually think resembles real competition is the baseball one - because baseball is essentially a individual contest on each pitch masquerading as a team sport, and they added real consequences to the outcome with the home field for the WS determined by the winner so the players actually take it pretty seriously. I have tried watching the HS all star games on TV and I usually turn them off even when UConn has serious stars involved because you really don't get a sense for the quality of the players.
Very true about All-Star games. This year's NBA game was a show but not really a game.

I like to get a sense of the talent level first hand, though. It was clear in the 2007 game that Maya Moore was physically gifted well beyond her years. I also enjoyed watching Bria, Samarie, and Saniya.

Reaction Score
Game is scheduled for April 14th. With Lexi, Mykala and Megan all playing. As I work in NYC, I was thinking of going and didn't know of what normal protocol is for the BYers to discuss and coordinate.
Is the game televised?????

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Is this better than the McDonald's game?
Duh, of course it is, Maya is hosting!

Maya.jpg

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Very true about All-Star games. This year's NBA game was a show but not really a game.

I like to get a sense of the talent level first hand, though. It was clear in the 2007 game that Maya Moore was physically gifted well beyond her years. I also enjoyed watching Bria, Samarie, and Saniya.
Frankly the NBA AS game has become less a show than a pageant and an advertisement for all kinds of brands.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Time to resurrect my 2007 Youtube video? (Wow, can't believe it's been this long.)

It's a highlights video, so there are some limitations, but ...

She makes a steal, gets a layup, and then gets a deflection at the other end. As we saw during her time at UConn, no pass by the opposition was safe. She makes hustle plays in every game.

But the signature play was the one-handed catch and scoop shot at full speed. That was an NBA move that no other female high school player was capable of. To say that she stood out would be an understatement.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom