girls bball team breaks four-year losing streak in 2OT ... playing 3 on 5 | The Boneyard

girls bball team breaks four-year losing streak in 2OT ... playing 3 on 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
From the linked article - "Believe it or not, the Knights pulled it off again, setting up in a 1-1-1 defensive zone that stretched from the paint to the three point arc and connecting on their own free throws to eventually emerge with a four point victory."

I thought that comment fit nicely with the FTs are/are not important thread.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
From the linked article - "Believe it or not, the Knights pulled it off again, setting up in a 1-1-1 defensive zone that stretched from the paint to the three point arc and connecting on their own free throws to eventually emerge with a four point victory."

I thought that comment fit nicely with the FTs are/are not important thread.
But I thought that you had to shoot 75% for your shooting to be acceptable, let alone important. 12 of 17 doesn't make the cut. And I thought the discussion was about how important the FT% is compared to like 16 other items of perhaps greater impact.

Why would a team keep fouling a squad with only three players? Doesn't sound like the bulbs were turned on too brightly here.

mr006

Reaction Score
The winning three players:
"Love had played a few minutes of varsity basketball, Cakebread had no varsity experience, and Vasek is three games into her first year starting on varsity."

Cannot make this stuff up...

Reaction Score
That was awesome. Congrats to Climax-Fisher girls basketball team. Can you imagine the confidence that they have now. Knowing that they won with just three players!?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well I hope they punish the Climax coach appropriately. Think how badly they made the Bagley girls feel. Not only were they the first team in 4 years to lose to them, they had a 5-3 advantage. You just can't go around making other teams feel like that.

Reaction Score
Well I hope they punish the Climax coach appropriately. Think how badly they made the Bagley girls feel. Not only were they the first team in 4 years to lose to them, they had a 5-3 advantage. You just can't go around making other teams feel like that.
Why not...we do it all the time! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22