OT: - Gio Wise | The Boneyard

OT: Gio Wise

conn4>cuse1

Zone Is For Cowards
Reaction Score
I’m not a Tiktok person but I watch a lot of basketball ballislife type of stuff on YouTube and I just found out about a teenager named Gio Wise. He’s a menace to society and the game of basketball. Anyone ever heard of him/have an opinion?

Reaction Score
Yeah I think that’s the kid that tries to do all of those flashy dribble moves but isn’t actually that good at basketball.

If you look at this clip he’s trying to be all flashy and goes as far as throwing the ball off of his opponents head and the defender doesn’t even move once:

I’m not even sure if he’s a legit D1 candidate. According to his videos he says he’s getting interest from Duke, but I can’t find a single other thing to back that up. I’m assuming he’ll stick to “influencing” for now.

Edit: Just watched some videos for about 5 minutes and the only thing he does is dribble in place and heave up a shot. And then posts videos about it and calls himself and influencer.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Yeah I think that’s the kid that tries to do all of those flashy dribble moves but isn’t actually that good at basketball.

If you look at this clip he’s trying to be all flashy and goes as far as throwing the ball off of his opponents head and the defender doesn’t even move once:

I’m not even sure if he’s a legit D1 candidate. According to his videos he says he’s getting interest from Duke, but I can’t find a single other thing to back that up. I’m assuming he’ll stick to “influencing” for now.

Edit: Just watched some videos for about 5 minutes and the only thing he does is dribble in place and heave up a shot. And then posts videos about it and calls himself and influencer.

Agreed. Important to remember that not every social media sensation will turn into Kwintin Williams in college. But even if they fall short of Kwintin Williams on the court they still may be a net positive for what they can do for your brand and the act they can put on during pregames and midnight madness type settings for the fans. UCLA and USC sign all the celebrities kids to help with their brand.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Important to remember that not every social media sensation will turn into Kwintin Williams in college. But even if they fall short of Kwintin Williams on the court they still may be a net positive for what they can do for your brand and the act they can put on during pregames and midnight madness type settings for the fans. UCLA and USC sign all the celebrities kids to help with their brand.
Absolutely true…. and the kid is making money doing what he’s doing now so I can’t even knock him.

I was just talking from the standpoint of I don’t think he will be a legitimately good basketball player in a team setting at the next level, but if he’s making money doing what he’s doing now than so be it. And as much I don’t understand the whole influencer thing, he’s getting millions of views on social media so clearly there are tons of people who love it.

Reaction Score

Never heard of him, just looked him up and there's no way this guy could play d3 basketball, he's terrible. Apparently he's like 24 years old and a professional troll. We're living in weird times.

Reaction Score

Besides Master P's kid when USC was terrible at basketball who are all these celebrity kids getting signed to help with brands? (And no one gave a ____ about him.)

No one is going to sign some bozo like this kid for the "brand." Maybe we can hire Tekashi 69 as our S&C coordinator.

Reaction Score
Besides Master P's kid when USC was terrible at basketball who are all these celebrity kids getting signed to help with brands? (And no one gave a ____ about him.)

No one is going to sign some bozo like this kid for the "brand." Maybe we can hire Tekashi 69 as our S&C coordinator.
Snoop’s kid played football for UCLA for a little bit. I think Diddy’s kid did as well.

Reaction Score

Tedeschi Tucks would be a better hire

Reaction Score
Snoop’s kid played football for UCLA for a little bit. I think Diddy’s kid did as well.

Snoops kid was a top 300 recruit who left LA to play at Bishop Gorman. He was a legit football player.

But still the idea that any of these Instagram clowns are getting sports scholarships to enhance a schools brand is dumb.

Reaction Score
I discovered him a couple months ago when I went down a youtube rabbit hole. I came away with the impression that maybe he knows he’s bad at basketball and it’s just trolling. But I still wanted to punch him.

Reaction Score
I discovered him a couple months ago when I went down a youtube rabbit hole. I came away with the impression that maybe he knows he’s bad at basketball and it’s just trolling. But I still wanted to punch him.

The guy who got the ball bounced off his face shoulda then crammed it up Gio's arse....woulda made the video much more watchable.

Reaction Score
The guy who got the ball bounced off his face shoulda then crammed it up Gio's arse....woulda made the video much more watchable.
I was wondering if that was planned. Could have easily broken the guy’s nose.

Reaction Score

Just watched that video finally. That kid isn't even playing D3 unless someone feels bad for him. This is trolling that caught on with stupid kids.

conn4>cuse1

Zone Is For Cowards
Reaction Score

Calls his cousin a fan and then says he has multiple d1 offers lol
Says it’s three dribbles then proceeded to do the usual bs

Reaction Score
The only D1 offers that kid is going to get is academic only if he has book smarts. Hard to even call him a basketball player

Reaction Score
Never heard of him, just looked him up and there's no way this guy could play d3 basketball, he's terrible. Apparently he's like 24 years old and a professional troll. We're living in weird times.
He definitely got me there because I thought he was a middle schooler or something I didn’t realize he was older. Professional troll for sure.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Shaq’s kid as well. Their football teams are often littered with famous people’s kids with large social media followings. It’s definitely a trend, they’re absolutely doing it for brand reasons.

Reaction Score
Hes a good standing in place fast dribbler. Hes not a good basketball player though. He's also definitely not getting interest from any school to play for them unless Bishop Sycamore has a basketball team.

Reaction Score
Shaq’s kid as well. Their football teams are often littered with famous people’s kids with large social media followings. It’s definitely a trend, they’re absolutely doing it for brand reasons.

I think it's as likely the opposite. Or at least a little bit of both. The kids are going to these schools to promote their brand. All these kids were good enough to play high-major to begin with. Maybe not at any school, but most.

I don't know about anyone else, but Shaq's kid went to UCLA to promote his own brand, and then did the same going to LSU. There were better schools for him stylistically and academically, but he chose those schools because they would help his branding.

Reaction Score
Yeah I got bored and rolled through his tik tok videos.

Kid has no handle outside of some gimmicky leg switches, and 1 finishing move--a reverse with his right hand. No left, no defense, can't shoot. He's also 5'9. TBH I'm not sure he would even be very good in the CIAC.

conn4>cuse1

Zone Is For Cowards
Reaction Score
Not trying to bump my thread or anything like that but I saw this and as a UCONN fan thought this would be pretty awesome if it had any element of truth to it lol

Reaction Score
Not trying to bump my thread or anything like that but I saw this and as a UCONN fan thought this would be pretty awesome if it had any element of truth to it lol

I'm confused. He didn't commit to a D1 school. Is this some kind of tiktok trend I don't understand yet?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom