I was really looking forward to watching Alterique play tonight until I realized its on ESPN+ | The Boneyard

I was really looking forward to watching Alterique play tonight until I realized its on ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
finally got the feed to work and tuned in to Al getting a flop warning from the officials for pretending to be fouled on a 3 pt shot.

Reaction Score
Watching the game. This is Wichita State's first game so you would expect the team to play that well. Al is basically playing 1-on-1 basketball and he really isn't passing the ball. He has no assists and is 5/9 from the field and 2/3 from 3 for 12 points. The team has 4 assists on 18 baskets so ball movement is not great.

Without Marshall coaching the team, I'm not sure how WSU will be this year

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
not much to report. Al pulled for now and a pretty sloppy game at the moment.

Reaction Score
From a die hard Wichita State Fan on Al tonight and his feelings on Marshall.

"He sealed the game for us at the end. Better than any point guard we’ve had since Shamet.
I’m happy Marshall is gone. He caught lightning in a bottle with Vanfleet and Baker and turned it into $3.5M a year. Been downhill ever since."

Reaction Score
Shockers beat Oral Roberts 85-80. Gilbert finishes with 18.

1606998710214.png

Reaction Score
Watching the game. This is Wichita State's first game so you would expect the team to play that well. Al is basically playing 1-on-1 basketball and he really isn't passing the ball. He has no assists and is 5/9 from the field and 2/3 from 3 for 12 points. The team has 4 assists on 18 baskets so ball movement is not great.

Without Marshall coaching the team, I'm not sure how WSU will be this year

It's funny, I only caught like 10 seconds of the game in the first half, but I saw Alterique drive and blow past 2 guys until he was under the basket, a big picked him up, he could've tried a reverse lay-in, but instead he kicked it out to a wide open Shocker for a 3. How in the world did he not get credited with an assist on that?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's funny, I only caught like 10 seconds of the game in the first half, but I saw Alterique drive and blow past 2 guys until he was under the basket, a big picked him, he couldve tried a reverse lay-in, but instead he kicked it out to a wide open Shocker for a 3. How in the world did he not get credited with an assist on that?
Sounds like a new part of his game

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score

"He sealed the game for us at the end. Better than any point guard we’ve had since Shamet.
I’m happy Marshall is gone. He caught lightning in a bottle with Vanfleet and Baker and turned it into $3.5M a year. Been downhill ever since."
I think Marshall deserves more credit than “he caught lightning in a bottle with 2 players.”

The dude is still a jackwagon who 100% deserves to be fired, based on the allegations.

But you can’t just shift the narrative because he was an abusive arse who got fired. He was a mighty successful coach at a nothing school.

And I’m going to hedge my bets on Wichita St never being as good as they were under the peak years of Marshall.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The kid was a class act at UConn, unfortunately just couldn’t get the ball to fall in the basket which falls back to just not getting enough time on the court due to injuries. But he did everything right on his end and everything our team asked him to. Hoping he puts up a super monster year

Reaction Score
I think Marshall deserves more credit than “he caught lightning in a bottle with 2 players.”

The dude is still a jackwagon who 100% deserves to never coach again, based on the allegations.

But you can’t just shift the narrative because he was an arse who got fired. He was a mighty successful coach at a nothing school.
Agreed, absolutely more than 2 players, and to be honest I’m sure Vanfleet and baker owe a lot of their development to Marshall.

Personally I think Marshall should and will get another coaching opportunity soon. The incidents seem somewhat bad from an outside perspective, but just gotta learn from mistakes and get better from them. I’m sure this was the way he was coached growing up, and sometimes it takes some big incidents to fully realize something isn’t right. I mean, I’ve certainly done things that I regret, but my rationalization at the time was that whatever was the norm in the past and acceptable. I also wonder how much of the incidents were blown out of proportion by a few disgruntled players / teams (which losing or not playing enough minutes is absolutely a catalyst for).

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Agreed, absolutely more than 2 players, and to be honest I’m sure Vanfleet and baker owe a lot of their development to Marshall.

Personally I think Marshall should and will get another coaching opportunity soon. The incidents seem somewhat bad from an outside perspective, but just gotta learn from mistakes and get better from them. I’m sure this was the way he was coached growing up, and sometimes it takes some big incidents to fully realize something isn’t right. I mean, I’ve certainly done things that I regret, but my rationalization at the time was that whatever was the norm in the past and acceptable. I also wonder how much of the incidents were blown out of proportion by a few disgruntled players / teams (which losing or not playing enough minutes is absolutely a catalyst for).

If he did in fact assault a player and choke an assistant, he should not coach kids again.

Reaction Score
As someone that really wanted AG to stay for this season, I have to say this gives me some heartburn. He looks much more like a dynamic guard than either Cole or Gaffney have looked thus far and he's a pitbull on D. There is plenty of time for our guys to get it together, but I still wish Alterique were here.

Reaction Score

That's a horrendous take from that fan. Marshall is one of the best coaches in the country, he took over a Winthrop program that had never been to the NCAA tournament before and took them to 7 NCAA tournament appearances.

Reaction Score
As someone that really wanted AG to stay for this season, I have to say this gives me some heartburn. He looks much more like a dynamic guard than either Cole or Gaffney has looked thus far and he's a pitbull on D. There is plenty of time for our guys to get it together, but I still wish Alterique were here.
Love the kid, glad he's gone.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
AG having a very meaningful experience in courage and character in his collegiate life. That's going to pay off for the rest of his life. Dealing with adversity has been his school of hard knocks. All the best AG and thanks for your courage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom