Gilbert update | The Boneyard

Gilbert update

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
A little concerning he's still not 100% after several months

Reaction Score
I think his surgery was pretty extensive after it started coming out more than once. Makes it so it can't happen again, I believe.

Doctors on the yard might now the more medical terms, lol

Reaction Score
I think his surgery was pretty extensive after it started coming out more than once. Makes it so it can't happen again, I believe.

Doctors on the yard might now the more medical terms, lol

Really hope they're able to situate Al's shoulder so that its less likely (it could, conceivably, happen again) to pop out again. I swear, I don't think I'll be able to watch him drive to the hoop without cringing every time. Might have to change the channel if he takes a hard fall lol

Reaction Score
It took me a month to start PT and then 4 months of doing PT 3 times a week to finish treating when I had a similar shoulder surgery. Even after that, I had to work hard at home to get back the last little bit of strength and range of motion I was missing.

I have no doubt Gilbert will be fine. He has a serious team of doctors and trainers on his side, as well experience dealing with this injury before.

Reaction Score
A little concerning he's still not 100% after several months

Sometimes shoulders never heal after injury... see, Moore, Ricky and 204, Boog. Not trying to be debbie downer, but we should be very worried that this is a chronic thing.

Reaction Score
We need to take every precaution necessary especially after reinjuring last time. A healthy Gilbert with some game play and reps under his belt is the best player on this team. He's the wildcard that gives me hope we can exceed expectations and be a tourney team next year.

Reaction Score
Maybe he should consult this guy, the legendary John Basedow on how to take care of his shoulders.
John_Basedow_Weight_Lifting.jpg

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Very concerned. Our season likely rides on his torn up shoulder/s.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Really hope they're able to situate Al's shoulder so that its less likely (it could, conceivably, happen again) to pop out again. I swear, I don't think I'll be able to watch him drive to the hoop without cringing every time. Might have to change the channel if he takes a hard fall lol
Muscle mass will help stabilize the arm. Glad to have Daniels here to help with that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I hear u Kemba. Feel the same way.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
iirc Steve Pikiel was another chronic shoulder issue that never healed fully.

Reaction Score
Very concerned. Our season likely rides on his torn up shoulder/s.
He is not as important as last year with the addition of Anderson.
Last year after Adams you had a freshman combo guard and a 2 to play the point to give Adams off ball time. It was ugly.

Reaction Score
Most of the studies show very good success rates for the procedure he had, with very low re-dislocation rates.

That said, I'm not surprised he isn't at 100% yet. Truthfully, I doubt he will ever be "100%" (ie. the shoulder that God gave him)

That doesn't mean he can't play basketball at the highest level without any real functional limitations because of his shoulder.

Reaction Score
He reaggravated his shoulder injury last year. I'd be fine if he didn't play full contact before August to be honest. Better safe than sorry.

Reaction Score
It took me over a year to be at 100%. I was probably 98% after 5-6 months. It's last bit that takes the longest.

Reaction Score
An inadvertent x-ray indicated I may have ahth-ritis in R shoulder. Could explain the aches. Maybe the chrome will help??

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He is not as important as last year with the addition of Anderson.
Last year after Adams you had a freshman combo guard and a 2 to play the point to give Adams off ball time. It was ugly.
If his shoulder doesn't stay intact, I'd bet anything we have a new coach the following year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom