Gilbert Cleared For All Basketball Activities | The Boneyard

Gilbert Cleared For All Basketball Activities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I can't think of a better backcourt in the Nation than ours! Jalen, Vital and Rique, that's devastating. And we also picked up a pretty good insurance policy. Win or lose, exciting basketball will return to Storrs, which should be attractive to you know who.

Reaction Score
btw, how did he do in his 4 games last yr?

Played 3 games, started 2 of them, averaged 29MPG. Shot 50% from 2, 22% from 3, 70% FT, 2 assists/game, recorded 7 steals, 10.3 ppg. I can't find a TO percentage.

Reaction Score
Gilbert got by everyone trying to defend him with ease; got to the rim at will. Defensively, he's quick as heck ... but made some positional mistakes in those early games.

I'd like to see him shoot better with better form. But ... ANY fair evaluation of his work in 3 games would be he's an exciting college player.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Somebody pick up one of these for Gilbert this season. Off season at minimum:

EASTON%20STEALTH%20RS%20SHOULDER%20PADS.jpg

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Gilbert got by everyone trying to defend him with ease; got to the rim at will. Defensively, he's quick as heck ... but made some positional mistakes in those early games.

I'd like to see him shoot better with better form. But ... ANY fair evaluation of his work in 3 games would be he's an exciting college player.
He was terrible on defense. I'm not worried about him offensively, but Vital has a leg up on Gilbert in that aspect.

Reaction Score
He struggled with rotations early on, but when it came to putting perimeter pressure on opposing teams guards (on the ball), he was pretty darn good.

Reaction Score
He was terrible on defense. I'm not worried about him offensively, but Vital has a leg up on Gilbert in that aspect.
That's why he won't start ,his PT is dependent on how soon he picks it up and how much we need his offense. Think instant offensive players we've had in the past.
It took KW, Bazz and RB awhile to learn to play team defense .
That's a little more difficult to grasp ,the one on one which most have been doing since they were kids is a little easier. He is a great athlete with quick hands and feet ,learning to play although not easy is teachable.

Reaction Score
I am not concerned with Alterique Gilbert on defense. He is abundantly quick enough and talented enough. 2+ games is nothing in terms of making that KIND of comment about the kid defensively. He will be great - in time.

Reaction Score
The local reporters just got scooped... It is 0dd that our local guys don't have the relationship with the team press people to get this first.

Reaction Score
Rique was terrible on defense. Off the ball he wasn't great and his impact on the game was a net negative. Let's hope he's improved
a lot.

Vital should be the starter for numerous reasons I have already outlined. It's all about fit. Vital is a winning player and is the only reliable catch and shoot guy we have not to mention a very reliable defensive presence on the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom