Gibbs on zone d... | The Boneyard

Gibbs on zone d...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

That's awesome. Let's hope we get to see him light up Cuse in Atlantis.

Love his confidence. Kid can certainly stroke it and he's done a good job of sharing the ball too. Couldn't be happier with Gibbs in the first 2 games.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
That quote makes me really wish we were still playing Pitt on a regular basis.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Good overall performance against zone, but it was UNH, not Syracuse. Miller was not good at making plays when catching the ball near the foul line against the zone. The first 2 or 3 times, he caught the ball and just passed it right back out (granted once with an assist on a 3 for Gibbs). The last time he got the ball, he turned to the hoop and tried to take it to the hole. Much better when KO moved dham into the middle of the zone. Hope Shonn can operate better as a decision-maker in that situation at times so we can have dham as a 3 point option.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Good overall performance against zone, but it was UNH, not Syracuse. Miller was not good at making plays when catching the ball near the foul line against the zone. The first 2 or 3 times, he caught the ball and just passed it right back out (granted once with an assist on a 3 for Gibbs). The last time he got the ball, he turned to the hoop and tried to take it to the hole. Much better when KO moved dham into the middle of the zone. Hope Shonn can operate better as a decision-maker in that situation at times so we can have dham as a 3 point option.
I think the instantaneous kick out is actually the right play if you have a packed in zone and shooters.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping that Hamilton's 10ft jump shot is working well should we play the Unmentionables and their zone.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I think the instantaneous kick out is actually the right play if you have a packed in zone and shooters.
Maybe so on the one with Gibbs hitting the 3, but he looked rushed and seemed to not even look at what might be available toward the goal. The player there has to be a threat to draw the defense and to react to what they do.

Reaction Score
But isn't the jury still out on how good a 3 pt shooter Gibbs is?:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member