OT: Giants | Page 9 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
If he was so good he could have gotten a starting qb job somewhere at the beginning of the year. He didn’t and the best offer he got was 5 mil to the jets who flipped his contract for a third round pick. Trust me if he was that good in preseason or in individual workouts someone would have offered him more and a starting gig. At the trade deadline he wasn’t traded because the saints were stupid for giving up a 3rd and they would have had to gotten at least a 3rd back to save face. No one was stupid enough to give the saints a 3rd which proves my point. No one knows if he will be any good or if his knee can hold up.
You don't have a great understanding of how the NFL works, do you? First of all, I said front load his deal with guaranteed money. Which would mean that you could get out of the deal cheap if they wanted. It'd be a low risk move. Bridgewater played well enough in the preseason with the Jets to earn the Jets a 3rd round pick for him from the Saints. The Jets never had him in their long term plans with Darnold in the mix and McCown as his mentor. Mike Zimmer loves Bridgewater. He played really well in Minnesota before his injury. Zimmer wanted to start him over Keenum, but Keenum stayed hot. He was never much of a running QB anyway. Even after the injury I'd bet he's more mobile than Eli.
I also thought the fact that Bridgewater is familiar with Shurmur's system would reduce the learning curve.

Obviously if I could get him for less I'd do it, but unfortunately the Giants aren't in position to draft a QB (if there were any available and trading up for Herbert seems like a mistake.) Bridgewater is the cream of this FA QB crop. Unfortunately that puts leverage in Bridgewater's camp.

Reaction Score
If he was so good he could have gotten a starting qb job somewhere at the beginning of the year. He didn’t and the best offer he got was 5 mil to the jets who flipped his contract for a third round pick. Trust me if he was that good in preseason or in individual workouts someone would have offered him more and a starting gig. At the trade deadline he wasn’t traded because the saints were stupid for giving up a 3rd and they would have had to gotten at least a 3rd back to save face. No one was stupid enough to give the saints a 3rd which proves my point. No one knows if he will be any good or if his knee can hold up.
First off, he played really well in the preseason and that's why he was traded from the Jets. He needed to be off the team so they could justify starting Darnold and not him.

Second off, the Saints didn't trade him at the deadline because that would have been stupid. They wanted him because they're all in and needed a backup QB where if Brees gets hurt they're still Super Bowl contenders

Reaction Score
First off, he played really well in the preseason and that's why he was traded from the Jets. He needed to be off the team so they could justify starting Darnold and not him.

Second off, the Saints didn't trade him at the deadline because that would have been stupid. They wanted him because they're all in and needed a backup QB where if Brees gets hurt they're still Super Bowl contenders

I'm good with Bridgewater not Taylor.

Reaction Score
I'm good with Bridgewater not Taylor.
I prefer Bridgewater to Taylor, just not too confident that New Orleans lets him walk. Though if Brees comes back it may not matter. Really I just need anyone other than Bortles

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
really gonna bring eli back, huh

Reaction Score
Shurmer had a chance to commit to him in 2019 and didn't. There's not much out there but maybe Bridgewater is the answer.
They should lose the next two games, what would 5-11 bring back - a top 7 or 8 pick?

Edit - I just saw Rappaports' column. I still don't think its a 100% given they bring him back, we'll see.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Shurmer had a chance to commit to him in 2019 and didn't. There's not much out there but maybe Bridgewater is the answer.
They should lose the next two games, what would 5-11 bring back - a top 7 or 8 pick?

Edit - I just saw Rappaports' column. I still don't think its a 100% given they bring him back, we'll see.

Its funny because the secondary market for the Cowboys game was exploding due to the Eli's last home game belief as much as anything else, and yet...

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Eli is your QB of the future. Ignore all the haters -- guy's got another 5+ solid years in him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom