OT: Giants | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

Reaction Score
Tyrod Taylor? Bridgewater? How are these upgrades to Eli? If anything Bridgewater is equal at best and taylor is garbage.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Tyrod Taylor? Bridgewater? How are these upgrades to Eli? If anything Bridgewater is equal at best and taylor is garbage.

They are physically capable of moving. Eli will require a cart to move around the field next year.

Reaction Score
yeah they can move but have you seen tyrod throw? Lol seriously? He is so freaking terrible. You cant be serious? If it wasnt for crappy play calling the giants would be the wild card #2 right now at 7-6.

They are physically capable of moving. Eli will require a cart to move around the field next year.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
yeah they can move but have you seen tyrod throw? Lol seriously? He is so freaking terrible. You cant be serious? If it wasnt for crappy play calling the giants would be the wild card #2 right now at 7-6.

Have you seen who he's had to throw to? And this offensive lines? Non existent is the right word.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Lauletta did look shaky. However here is a guy who was on the sidelines in street clothes up until yesterday. Last I heard a month ago the team really likes the guy. Said he is energy in practice. True, why Webb. Never could figure that one out.
The team seemed to respond to him. Even though he didn’t play well, they were patting him on the helmet and trying to encourage him. Couldn’t expect much from the guy at all, really, as he hasnt gotten squat for snaps all year. Wasn’t he #3 until last week? The throw he made on the run to the sideline looked good. The others were a sign of a guy who was anxious to show something, so he forced them into coverage.

Reaction Score
Giants stilll have a 6% chance of making the play offs.

Playing around with the 538's NFL prediction page, it's not impossible. First they need to win out, including week 17 versus the cowboys, then Washington, Philly, Minnesota, Carolina need to lose 2 out of their remaining 3 and green bay needs to lose once.

Washington = done deal, Philly can easily lose to the rams and houston, Minnesota to Chicago and either miami or detroit, Carolina to the saints 2x and Green Bay to Chicago.

Reaction Score
Just saw a stat that Barkley has 5 td runs of 50 yards or more this year which is more than the giants have had for the past ten years combined despite the crappy offensive line. Get this team a better defense and offensive lines and it’ll be back in the playoffs...

Reaction Score
Not to mention that you'll have to pay them $6-8M which opens up at least $8M in cap space after factoring in Eli's dead cap

Reaction Score
Starting to like Haskins a lot. And he’s a NJ kid who grew up a Giants fan. Herbert, although his skills do translate, has not impressed me much this season, but his team isn’t great.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
If Bridgewater is equal to Eli like you said, and making 10M that's a STEAL. That would be less than half of what eli is making. They need to overhaul the team. Rebuild the D line and LB and secondary. They have to sign Collins or tag him. I wouldn't be shocked to see Vernon and Jenkins cut or restructured. Saving $ on a qb would go a long way to helping build this teams roster.

Reaction Score
Teddy's gonna cost too much. Better to take Tyrod Taylor for a couple of years on easy money, while you hunt the franchise QB. You can use the spare cash to build a solid team around him. You need a stop gap, not an answer.

And Tyrod hasn't been given a fair shake personnel wise his entire career.

Tyrod Taylor? You have to be kidding me, he can move yeah but he's dreadful every other game and has won nothing.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Tyrod Taylor? You have to be kidding me, he can move yeah but he's dreadful every other game and has won nothing.

He's been on the Browns and the Bills man. The Browns and the Bills. There isn't a human alive that's winning a ton of games with those teams when he was on them. Besides, he led the Bills to their first playoff birth in almost 20 yrs last year.

TT is about price. You can get him for bargain basement, whereas Bridgewater is gonna command more money than you think. Probably 13-15mil.

Are you looking to rebuild or be middling?

Reaction Score
He's been on the Browns and the Bills man. The Browns and the Bills. There isn't a human alive that's winning a ton of games with those teams when he was on them.

TT is about price. You can get him for bargain basement, whereas Bridgewater is gonna command more money than you think. Probably 13-15mil.

Rebuild with a chance.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Rebuild with a chance.

But that's hurting your draft slot. You either do one or the other, unless you've got a Brady/Rodgers/Brees under center. Everything else is pointless.

I know as a fan you want to win games, but if you're QB hunting, you want a Top 3 pick.

EDIT: and for the record, TT led the bills to their first playoff birth in almost 20 yrs last year. That's something.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
He's been on the Browns and the Bills man. The Browns and the Bills. There isn't a human alive that's winning a ton of games with those teams when he was on them. Besides, he led the Bills to their first playoff birth in almost 20 yrs last year.

13-15 is reasonable. I'd take Bridgewater at say 14 per season for 2-3 years. make his guaranteed money come earlier in the deal. It wouldn't stop you from drafting a QB if you thought you needed to in 2020. It also gives him a chance to show what he's got. Taylor isn't terrible IMO, but he's a stopgap at best.

Reaction Score
But that's hurting your draft slot. You either do one or the other, unless you've got a Brady/Rodgers/Brees under center. Everything else is pointless.

I know as a fan you want to win games, but if you're QB hunting, you want a Top 3 pick.

EDIT: and for the record, TT led the bills to their first playoff birth in almost 20 yrs last year. That's something.

No chance they sign Taylor.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
13-15 is reasonable. I'd take Bridgewater at say 14 per season for 2-3 years. make his guaranteed money come earlier in the deal. It wouldn't stop you from drafting a QB if you thought you needed to in 2020. It also gives him a chance to show what he's got. Taylor isn't terrible IMO, but he's a stopgap at best.

But, where it hurts is you could very well get Taylor for 7-9m. That extra 5-7m could be used to fill out the rest of your team, say on the O-Line, so that when your young QB comes, he's got more to work with.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
But, where it hurts is you could very well get Taylor for 7-9m. That extra 5-7m could be used to fill out the rest of your team, say on the O-Line, so that when your young QB comes, he's got more to work with.
I get that, but I think Bridgewater's upside is greater than Taylor. I'm willing to spend for that upside.

Reaction Score
And that’s why you aren’t a NFL GM. Why isn’t bridgewater starting now? the dude hasn’t played in how many years? Spend 15 mil on a qb that was supposed to have a career ending injury and still might? He tore every ligament in his knee except one. He severely dislocated his knee. He almost lost his knee. You want to give him a 2-3 year deal at 15 mil? How do you know he can even play a season of football? How do you know he is even any good?

I get that, but I think Bridgewater's upside is greater than Taylor. I'm willing to spend for that upside.

Reaction Score
And that’s why you aren’t a NFL GM. Why isn’t bridgewater starting now? the dude hasn’t played in how many years? Spend 15 mil on a qb that was supposed to have a career ending injury and still might? He tore every ligament in his knee except one. He severely dislocated his knee. He almost lost his knee. You want to give him a 2-3 year deal at 15 mil? How do you know he can even play a season of football? How do you know he is even any good?
Bridgewater isn't starting now because he's the backup to one of the greatest QB's in NFL history.

Reaction Score
If he was so good he could have gotten a starting qb job somewhere at the beginning of the year. He didn’t and the best offer he got was 5 mil to the jets who flipped his contract for a third round pick. Trust me if he was that good in preseason or in individual workouts someone would have offered him more and a starting gig. At the trade deadline he wasn’t traded because the saints were stupid for giving up a 3rd and they would have had to gotten at least a 3rd back to save face. No one was stupid enough to give the saints a 3rd which proves my point. No one knows if he will be any good or if his knee can hold up.

Bridgewater isn't starting now because he's the backup to one of the greatest QB's in NFL history.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom