OT: Giants | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Teddy Bridgewater is a franchise quarterback?

No, but then again he would be the best of the upcoming free agent class. I am not sold on any of the college quarterbacks that can come out this year.

Reaction Score
Taking Barkley will only make sense if we do get a decent QB in this or next years draft. Seeing lauletta today it is hard to ubderstand why they used a pick on him when they had Webb already. Looks like Eli is back for one more year.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Taking Barkley will only make sense if we do get a decent QB in this or next years draft. Seeing lauletta today it is hard to ubderstand why they used a pick on him when they had Webb already. Looks like Eli is back for one more year.
Lauletta did look shaky. However here is a guy who was on the sidelines in street clothes up until yesterday. Last I heard a month ago the team really likes the guy. Said he is energy in practice. True, why Webb. Never could figure that one out.

Reaction Score
Eli is the Giants quarterback of the future.2 seasons I think. He would be about as good as anyone else.
I commend Eli on his play this season. After last I was expecting the worst, but he hasn’t been bad behind a line that for the majority of the year has been swiss cheese in pass protection. But, if this team wants to be in the playoffs soon, I don’t think he will be the starting quarterback. He isn’t getting better and until our line is fixed we need a mobile QB.

Reaction Score
Eli has looked great in the second half of the season. If the line can keep him upright, he's the guy.

Reaction Score
I commend Eli on his play this season. After last I was expecting the worst, but he hasn’t been bad behind a line that for the majority of the year has been swiss cheese in pass protection. But, if this team wants to be in the playoffs soon, I don’t think he will be the starting quarterback. He isn’t getting better and until our line is fixed we need a mobile QB.
Yeah for sure we need a quarterback but if they keep winning we're gonna pick 10-13. BTW, I'm very happy we took Barkely, I know it's an argument that it shoulda been a QB.

Reaction Score
Eli is the Giants quarterback of the future.2 seasons I think. He would be about as good as anyone else.
And this is why the Giants suck, should have gone in a different direction 2 years ago. Giving Eli another year sets them back another 2.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I'm not a college football guy. I know the names Herbert and Haskins. There is a chance Herbert doesn't declare, correct? If he doesn't declare I'm assuming it's unlikely Haskins makes it to us. Even if he does, is he a guy we'd want?

Assuming we cant' get our QB via the draft...I think I'd see about signing Bridgewater. It really depends on the $ and years he'd want. If he's reasonable, I'd take him in a heartbeat on a short term low cost deal. He's got upside. He's familiar with Shurmur from Minnesota. If he's on a 2 or 3 yr deal, you can start him this coming year and draft a pass rusher or OL to bolster either of the lines. Then worry about a QB in the draft in 2020 which is supposed to be QB heavy.

Reaction Score
And this is why the Giants suck, should have gone in a different direction 2 years ago. Giving Eli another year sets them back another 2.
Eli has an incredible completion % and he can’t be blamed for a bad offensive line and no pass rush on defense. Sure it would be nice if he could roll out and get out of trouble but he also has to pull the trigger quicker than most QB’s. Barkely will be a stud for years and has helped correct a major flaw the Giants have had.

Reaction Score
The Giants line has better personal than what they started the year with and figuring out they need to focus on Barkley to get things going is nice but they just blew the Eagles game not using Barkley in the second half. Defenses have it easy sacking Eli as he is always in the same place- a sitting duck. It makes the rush lanes and blitzs easy to pull off. Having a great completion percentage does not matter when you have the record they have. If a quality QB is not available they need to draft the best O-lineman or the best DL/LB pass rusher available. Go back to the Accorsi strategy.

Reaction Score
I'm not a college football guy. I know the names Herbert and Haskins. There is a chance Herbert doesn't declare, correct? If he doesn't declare I'm assuming it's unlikely Haskins makes it to us. Even if he does, is he a guy we'd want?

Assuming we cant' get our QB via the draft...I think I'd see about signing Bridgewater. It really depends on the $ and years he'd want. If he's reasonable, I'd take him in a heartbeat on a short term low cost deal. He's got upside. He's familiar with Shurmur from Minnesota. If he's on a 2 or 3 yr deal, you can start him this coming year and draft a pass rusher or OL to bolster either of the lines. Then worry about a QB in the draft in 2020 which is supposed to be QB heavy.
Herbert is more than likely going back to school to play with his brother, in which case it'll be Herbert, Tua, Fromm in a deep 2020 QB draft. Haskins will go top 10 and possibly Drew Lock, but I wouldn't touch either anywhere near top 10.

By all accounts Teddy is staying in New Orleans to be Brees' replacement. So the options are likely gonna be Eli/Bortles/Tyrod Taylor next year, because any QB they take is going to be another project

Reaction Score
Did you see the bears destroy the rams. Goff was terrible. More proof that this year isn’t Eli’s fault. With that said they do need to find his replacement sooner than later.

Reaction Score
Yeah we want to wait another year for Haskins or Tua (Bama) or Fromm (Georgia), all in their sophomore years now. Some are arguing that Haskins, especially with Meyer leaving, might be at his peak draft stock right now and that he might want to declare. I don't know the rules on a (redshirt?) sophomore declaring.

Assuming we cant' get our QB via the draft...I think I'd see about signing Bridgewater. you can start him this coming year and draft a pass rusher or OL to bolster either of the lines. Then worry about a QB in the draft in 2020 which is supposed to be QB heavy.
Yup, been saying this (not Bridgewater specifically) all season

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Did you see the bears destroy the rams. Goff was terrible. More proof that this year isn’t Eli’s fault. With that said they do need to find his replacement sooner than later.
But Bridgewater is a FA. I'd have to assume if offered a starting job he would take it over being brees' backup for however long.

None of the other FA QBs do it for me. So I dont know what I want if Teddy isnt available.

Reaction Score
I don’t get the obsession with a qb (Bridgewater) that hasn’t accomplished anything and hasn’t played in a few years and is coming off a major major knee surgery.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I don’t get the obsession with a qb (Bridgewater) that hasn’t accomplished anything and hasn’t played in a few years and is coming off a major major knee surgery.
It's not like I think he's a savior. I just think he's got upside and could be had cheap. He's the best of a bad FA class. He also doesn't stop you from drafting the QB of the future in 2020.

Reaction Score
Cheap? He will probably command $10 mil plus if not more. Why wouldn’t just keep Eli and actually win more games since he will know the system and players better and draft a qb?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
No, but then again he would be the best of the upcoming free agent class. I am not sold on any of the college quarterbacks that can come out this year.

Teddy's gonna cost too much. Better to take Tyrod Taylor for a couple of years on easy money, while you hunt the franchise QB. You can use the spare cash to build a solid team around him. You need a stop gap, not an answer.

And Tyrod hasn't been given a fair shake personnel wise his entire career.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom