OT: Giants | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

Reaction Score
I think this coaching staff and GM are awful. Run a whole training camp, somehow you evaluate Flowers to be a starter, 5 weeks later you are releasing him outright. Sign a washed up Jonathan Stewart for $6 million, trade a solid center in Brett Jones, decide Eli Apple is a starter then needs to go a few games later, let a solid backup like Andrew Adams go in favor of defensive backs who can't tackle, make Landon Collins less impactful by covering tight ends rather than using his instincts as free safety, letting Snacks Harrison go, throwing to Barkley on little flat footed routs behind the line of scrimmage rather than with momentum towards the line of scrimmage, the linebackers are all slow to react, don't resign Rogers-Cromartie, … (I did think Solder and Hernandez would help the offensive line). The fact that they turned over the whole line and are getting measurably worse pass protection is truly a reflection of bad coaching. How they have collected so many no-name lousy players in just 10 weeks must be some type of record on how to take a team with potential and blow it up.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
C

Chief00

Many good points in prior posts. The organization failed to deal with a QB problem last year, a problem that has festered for at least 5 years. Until they deal with that, things are only getting worse.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If the price is right, I have no problem with them trading OBJ. He taketh as much or more than he giveth imo. Let him be someone else's problem.
I’d rather our next franchise QB have a top 3 WR. Even if you dislike his personality, he’s never done anything that bad, and he’s the lone bright spot on our horrible team. I don’t think he’s taken anything away from the Giants.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Many good points in prior posts. The organization failed to deal with a QB problem last year, a problem that has festered for at least 5 years. Until they deal with that, things are only getting worse.

Considering where they got Lauletta or whaver his name is, I don’t kind it. But yeah, I’d have taken darnold. Also this upcoming qb crop is weak imo. Then again this “strong” class doesn’t look good either.

Reaction Score
If the price is right, I have no problem with them trading OBJ. He taketh as much or more than he giveth imo. Let him be someone else's problem.
Doubt Odell is going anywhere. The cap hit would be too significant. Hate for Eli to go out this way but can we see what we have in Lauletta. Being a Giants and Knicks fan I really need UConn to decent and exciting this season.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm no fan but he's awesome, it's not his fault the Giants can't get the ball to him or to anyone more than 4 yards down the field.

Totally agree that he is awesome and that it's not his fault that we suck. I just think he's a nutcase and he doesn't help; in other words, we could be 1-7 without him, too.

Doubt Odell is going anywhere. The cap hit would be too significant. Hate for Eli to go out this way but can we see what we have in Lauletta. Being a Giants and Knicks fan I really need UConn to decent and exciting this season.

Tell me about it: I am Giants, Knicks and Mets.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Signing Solder to that kind of $ was/is a mistake
It looks like 65% of the sacks come from his general area
Yeah he doesn't get called for holding but its hard to hold someone who has knocked you on your arse
No way you let OBJ go now
I don't second guess the draft choice in 2018 at all - there are always some real good QBs to be had in every draft- also trading or free agency signing is another route

Reaction Score
Totally agree that he is awesome and that it's not his fault that we suck. I just think he's a nutcase and he doesn't help; in other words, we could be 1-7 without him, too.

Tell me about it: I am Giants, Knicks and Mets.
ouch

Reaction Score
Yeah, need to start giving some reps to Lauletta. Speaking of backup QBs, here's Davis Webb on the Giants this season: https://nypost.com/2018/10/27/what-...-mess-now-that-hes-a-jet/?utm_campaign=iosapp

Davis Webb stood at his locker inside the Jets locker room and paused for about 20 seconds before answering.

Trying to choose his words carefully, Webb stammered a bit at the question of what he thinks of the Giants’ 1-6 start.

“I know uh … I think uh …,” Webb said, struggling to find the right words. “I think this could have been the best thing that happened to me.”

lol

Reaction Score
OBJ can't be looking forward to frittering away the prime of his career over the next few years as the Giants bumble and stumble along with Eli's replacement at QB. The Giant offense is pathetic with him, they can be pathetic without him. Get max value for him now. But Landon Collins is a defensive stud of the first order and should be untouchable.

Reaction Score
Question for the giants fans

What were your realistic expectations for this season?

Everyone knew the oline sucked and Eli has shown over past couple seasons he's on the downside of his career. I hate the giants but given their needs I probably be begging for a season like this, in a year you don't expect to do anything, if I were a fan. Get a top draft pick instead of middle of round blow up the team and rebuild around arguably the 2 best skill players in the league. Football teams can have quick turnarounds it's not like baseball where it's a 3-5 year process

Reaction Score
Would hate to trade away Collins, if you trade him away you better get a bargain in return at least a 1st round pick.

Reaction Score
Giants would be lucky to get a 3rd for Collins. He's an 8 game rental at safety. No way you get a 1st.

Reaction Score
Question for the giants fans

What were your realistic expectations for this season?

Everyone knew the oline sucked and Eli has shown over past couple seasons he's on the downside of his career. I hate the giants but given their needs I probably be begging for a season like this, in a year you don't expect to do anything, if I were a fan. Get a top draft pick instead of middle of round blow up the team and rebuild around arguably the 2 best skill players in the league. Football teams can have quick turnarounds it's not like baseball where it's a 3-5 year process
The tanking for a high draft pick is not a problem and the right move. The issue is that now it looks like there will be no QB's for them to take with that early pick and another year with no successor to Eli

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom