OT: Giants | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Not sure how much they have to trade right now in all honesty.
Jenkins is the only one I could see go right now and bring anything back like a mid round pick.

Eli, Barkley, Odell and Engram are not going anywhere. I don't think Collins is going either, but who knows if someone blows the doors off that would be a maybe.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Considering where they got Lauletta or whaver his name is, I don’t kind it. But yeah, I’d have taken darnold. Also this upcoming qb crop is weak imo. Then again this “strong” class doesn’t look good either.

Pretty damn hard to tell out the shoot when every team drafting QBs are flat out bad. You can make a reasonable judgement in 3-4 years at the earliest, depending on situation.

I think we'll eventually see at least 2 top end starters out of this years group.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Tell me about it: I am Giants, Knicks and Mets.

Surprised you ain't crankier than you are.

Thank the gods you aren't a Knicks, Mets, Jets fan. I know a few. Or the dreaded ETS fan: Nets, Jets, Mets.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I don't second guess the draft choice in 2018 at all - there are always some real good QBs to be had in every draft- also trading or free agency signing is another route

That's a pretty cavalier statement. If it was that easy, everybody would have a pretty good QB. To the contrary, it's the single hardest position to fill in all of football.
You could make a very strong argument it's the single hardest position to fill in all of professional sports. And no position determines success to a greater degree than QB. You sell you're soul to get a stud QB, if you have to.

I mean, if you compare to a running back, it's night and day. There's usually 5+ good backs every year, with another 5 decent ones after that.

There's one really good QB per year in a draft is you are lucky.

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Giants are kinda screwed - there’s really nothing great coming in the quarterback free agent market and none of the current college guys, save the Oregon kid, really looks like a first-round draft pick next year. It looks like the kind of offseason where someone overpays guys like Teddy Bridgewater because there’s nothing else available.

I think they’re looking at a stop gap situation - either Eli for another year or sign some middle-of-the-road quarterback that gets cut loose for salary cap reasons.

Reaction Score
Not sure how much they have to trade right now in all honesty.
Jenkins is the only one I could see go right now and bring anything back like a mid round pick.

Eli, Barkley, Odell and Engram are not going anywhere.

Engram showing the hallmarks of a bust. The two drops yesterday were pathetic, especially the fourth-and-3 when ball went through his hands. All the talk about his speed and what a matchup nightmare he is means nothing if he can't catch.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Giants are kinda screwed - there’s really nothing great coming in the quarterback free agent market and none of the current college guys, save the Oregon kid, really looks like a first-round draft pick next year. It looks like the kind of offseason where someone overpays guys like Teddy Bridgewater because there’s nothing else available.

I think they’re looking at a stop gap situation - either Eli for another year or sign some middle-of-the-road quarterback that gets cut loose for salary cap reasons.

Should try to pick up Tyrod Taylor for cheap after the season. He's decent enough to satisfy the skill guys and would provide a cheap bridge while they build out the rest of the team.

Reaction Score

I agree, but i’ve said it before on the board, I think Teddy can be a good starting QB in the league still. I think we have a few options, go after Teddy or maybe someone like Brissett who have shown some promise and are somewhat mobile, or obviously plan on taking a QB high in the draft. Only problem with the latter is that its been reported Herbert is likely staying at Oregon another year. I guess the next best QB in this class would be Haskins, but I haven’t watched enough NCAAF to judge if he is worth a likely top-3 selection.

Reaction Score
Should try to pick up Tyrod Taylor for cheap after the season. He's decent enough to satisfy the skill guys and would provide a cheap bridge while they build out the rest of the team.
As a Giants fan and seeing what the options are at this point, this is what I'm currently hoping for.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I agree, but i’ve said it before on the board, I think Teddy can be a good starting QB in the league still. I think we have a few options, go after Teddy or maybe someone like Brissett who have shown some promise and are somewhat mobile, or obviously plan on taking a QB high in the draft. Only problem with the latter is that its been reported Herbert is likely staying at Oregon another year. I guess the next best QB in this class would be Haskins, but I haven’t watched enough NCAAF to judge if he is worth a likely top-3 selection.

I’m a Viking fan and I liked Bridgewater - great team guy and had the potential to be a career starter.

But that was not a normal knee injury. In most cases, that injury ends a career.

But I do hope someone pays him.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I’m a Viking fan and I liked Bridgewater - great team guy and had the potential to be a career starter.

But that was not a normal knee injury. In most cases, that injury ends a career.

I think Bridgewater will get a one year deal with some team to see what he can do since he is a just a backup now.
I like him more than other Giant fans and think he will be solid if he is near 100% before he was injured

Reaction Score
Eli should not play a snap next year which means Lauletta needs to play the remainder of the season. He can get sacked as often as Eli but he may just avoid a few of those sacks and not be a sitting duck. If we really want the first pick maybe they will stick with Eli.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Doubt Odell is going anywhere. The cap hit would be too significant. Hate for Eli to go out this way but can we see what we have in Lauletta. Being a Giants and Knicks fan I really need UConn to decent and exciting this season.
Exactly. I would like to throw in the Yankees for myself. Was excited in June. This is a new low for me. You are right, could not agree more. Still excited about our pup.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Question for the giants fans

What were your realistic expectations for this season?

Everyone knew the oline sucked and Eli has shown over past couple seasons he's on the downside of his career. I hate the giants but given their needs I probably be begging for a season like this, in a year you don't expect to do anything, if I were a fan. Get a top draft pick instead of middle of round blow up the team and rebuild around arguably the 2 best skill players in the league. Football teams can have quick turnarounds it's not like baseball where it's a 3-5 year process
My expectations were a better season than last year?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
When you are this bad, everybody is on the table. Its that simple.

Reaction Score

As a Giants fan and seeing what the options are at this point, this is what I'm currently hoping for.
I doubt it’s Tyrod if they go with a stop gap. It’ll likely be Keenum as the Broncos don’t seem to be liking him and Shurmur had him looking great in Minnesota.

Reaction Score
What’s Herbert’s reasoning for returning to school? Passing up on going #1 in the draft is a major risk of ending in catastrophe.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
What’s Herbert’s reasoning for returning to school? Passing up on going #1 in the draft is a major risk of ending in catastrophe.

I don't think it's final anyway. Sort of premature report iirc.

Woke theory: NFL forcing number 1 and only QB to pretend he's staying in school so teams won't 'tank for Herbert'.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Exactly. I would like to throw in the Yankees for myself. Was excited in June. This is a new low for me. You are right, could not agree more. Still excited about our pup.

Talk about first world problems. You guys have won 100 games this year. Add to that
a million titles. No violins, large or small, are playing for Yankees fans.

Reaction Score
His brother will be a freshman at Oregon next year and supposedly he wants to play with him for a year

Reaction Score
Talk about first world problems. You guys have won 100 games this year. Add to that
a million titles. No violins, large or small, are playing for Yankees fans.

It’s all about playing in the playoffs, extending the year for the fan base. Last year one game from WS, this year a somewhat disappointing 100 wins but how can that really be? We were not as good as the Red Sox yet if Sanchez hits it 20 foot further who knows? As a Yankee fan I’m fine with where they are and expect them to get better if they improve the pitching and add another stud good hitter. Having said that the Giants are killing me, the Huskies have been killing me and the Rangers don’t look too good this year. As a C’s fan it should be a fun year and will only get better as they develop chemistry.

Huskies are the key now for me!!!!

Reaction Score
His brother will be a freshman at Oregon next year and supposedly he wants to play with him for a year

In addition to growing up in Eugene and wanting to win a championship at the school he grew up rooting for in his backyard. Also believe the family is fortunate enough where the money can wait a year.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

Does Teddy have any mobility left? He has been mentioned as a stop gap for the Giants next year. With this line though he'll need mobility

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom