OT: Giants | Page 50 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
And for the Giants to miss out on getting the best player in the draft

It cannot be described how badly the giants need chase young.

Reaction Score
Which is fine in theory. But if that's the case then coaches should have been told that the only time it'll be changed is blatant game changing plays
I think they were. Even if they weren't, the league's collective experience should have made it abundantly clear by now.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Gotta laugh that the Tampa bay kicker who missed a chip shot is going to cost the giants chase young

Reaction Score
To be honest with you Chase Young didnt really impress me that much last night, dont get me wrong no question I would take him, and pissed the Giants will miss out, he will be a solid pro just think hes a little over hyped.

Reaction Score
To be honest with you Chase Young didnt really impress me that much last night, dont get me wrong no question I would take him, and pissed the Giants will miss out, he will be a solid pro just think hes a little over hyped.
I'd hate to have a pass rusher who was in the backfield every play

Reaction Score
I'd hate to have a pass rusher who was in the backfield every play

That’s obviously not even close to what I said but ok. Just because I think he’s overhyped doesnt mean he won’t wear a gold jacket one day, we’re not gonna be able to draft him so it’s a moot point anyways.

Reaction Score
Schumur gone. Gettleman's fate TBD.

I’m on board with that now it’s up to Gettleman to make the right hire, if there’s no improvements this upcoming year he’s gone. The one thing saving him for now is this last draft and some signings like the Tate signing.

Reaction Score
That’s obviously not even close to what I said but ok. Just because I think he’s overhyped doesnt mean he won’t wear a gold jacket one day, we’re not gonna be able to draft him so it’s a moot point anyways.
I've just seen this take from a ton of people about how he was a non-factor because he didn't have any sacks. He's a stud and the best pass rusher to come out in a long time, better than either Bosa

Reaction Score
I've just seen this take from a ton of people about how he was a non-factor because he didn't have any sacks. He's a stud and the best pass rusher to come out in a long time, better than either Bosa

I’ll just wait a little before I’ll compare him to LT. Unfortunately we’re not getting him anyways, it’s all about drafting and getting the right coach now.

Reaction Score
Sucks he needed to go also. But Shurmer out is a start he was dreadful.

Tisch wanted to clean house he had it figured out. Mara's are soft.
Maras aren’t much better then James Dolan really if not for Eli’s 2 Super Bowl runs this organization is exactly like the Knicks, and Wellington Maras legacy is overrated as well Giants franchise was god awful until George Young and Parcells arrived.

Reaction Score
Sucks he needed to go also. But Shurmer out is a start he was dreadful.

Tisch wanted to clean house he had it figured out. Mara's are soft.
It's just hard for me to get excited with Gettleman staying. They're gonna let him spend the $80M in cap space and then find themselves looking for a new GM next off-season who will have to undo everything and have a lame duck coach all over again

Reaction Score
It's just hard for me to get excited with Gettleman staying. They're gonna let him spend the $80M in cap space and then find themselves looking for a new GM next off-season who will have to undo everything and have a lame duck coach all over again

Agree, keeping Gettleman on is asking for mistakes of the past. For example, no matter how good Jones and Barkley can be, without a competent O-Line, they're doomed.

Oh, comparing Mara to the MSG's Dolan is wrong in my opinion. To me, they are exact opposites. Mara is too passive and lets the people around him run the shop. It works well when he roles the dice on the right people and not so well when its the wrong people. Dolan, on the other hand, can't keep his hands off the Knicks and to a lesser degree, the Rangers, and believes he knows more than everyone else. Thus, no one with the chops to be successful, coach or player, wants to be anywhere near MSG. Just look at all of the NBA free agents who decided to play in Oklahoma City, San Antonio, etc. than play in the most marketable, basketball mecca of NYC.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The Maras have such a mis-earned stature in league history. Rozelle literally forced Mara to hire George Young in 1979 because they were such a clown show. Think about that- the COMMISSIONER had to force a team to make their front office competent.

Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. The Giants aren't the Knicks, but they ain't far off. Clueless. Stuck in 1955 forever. They'll never learn.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Just look at all of the NBA free agents who decided to play in Oklahoma City, San Antonio, etc. than play in the most marketable, basketball mecca of NYC.

The NBA does not have an exposure problem. Players want money and/or rings and do not have to ply their craft in major metropolitan areas to get either.

Reaction Score
The NBA does not have an exposure problem. Players want money and/or rings and do not have to ply their craft in major metropolitan areas to get either.

While not as pronounced as MLB, a star NBA player can attain a higher level of exposure and money, especially off the court, playing for a large market team than he can at a small market team/ For example, Forbes projects that LeBron's potential net worth went up by about $170 Million when he moved from Cleveland to LA, which includes thet fact that Cleveland could have offered him a higher NBA salary than LA under his Bird rights.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom