OT: Giants | Page 49 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

Reaction Score
How is that a penalty BS, Brady was trying to tackle the guy you block him and thats a flag lol.

Reaction Score
First, the Past and G-men put on an ugly football game. The Pats did less to lose that game and won.

Second, its clear that the NFL has no idea how to handle the new rule that challenges that coaches can appeal PI (or no PI) calls. The Pats DB had Tate's arm pinned well before the ball was thrown and the NFL offices in NYC still woudl not overrule the on-field officials. I saw a report that only 7 of 40 disputed PI calls have been overturned so far this season.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
First, the Past and G-men put on an ugly football game. The Pats did less to lose that game and won.

Second, its clear that the NFL has no idea how to handle the new rule that challenges that coaches can appeal PI (or no PI) calls. The Pats DB had Tate's arm pinned well before the ball was thrown and the NFL offices in NYC still woudl not overrule the on-field officials. I saw a report that only 7 of 40 disputed PI calls have been overturned so far this season.

Reviewing PIs is a dumb idea anyway. Only instituted because of how egregious the Saints one last year was. Officials blow calls sometimes. Let it happen.

DBs have the toughest job in football as it is.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

It is evidence that pass interference reviews will probably be reserved for plays as as blatant as the Rams/New Orleans debacle, but that is not the issue. The issue is the refs' interpretation was not communicated to the coaches, either directly or indirectly.

The moment I knew Jay Gruden was getting fired after the game was when he challenged the PI call vs the Patriots last week. He wasted a TO and challenge on a call that had zero chance of getting overturned.

Reaction Score

There has been a push from some in the NFL to eliminate Thursday night games because a majority of them end up being sloppy due to the short week. The 40 mph winds also didn't help last nights game. They are never going to eliminate the Thursday games because it would be a loss of revenue.

Reaction Score
Can't wrap my head around the Leonard Williams trade. Don't hate it, but don't like it, not sure what to think.

Reaction Score
we're a missed FG away from being 1-7 for the third consecutive season. trading away 2 picks for an 8 game loaner (unless DG has contract plans agreed with LW already) is par for the Gettlemen course. I guess we wait and see what happens with the contract before we truly know how bad of a deal this is for the Gmen.

Reaction Score
Could be worse. I'm waiting for Stephen Ross to place an add in the Miami Herald asking local Miami residents if they would like to play for their Dolphins no experience required, just need to bring their own gear and show-up at Hard Rock a few hours before kickoff.

Reaction Score
The offensive line is beyond horrible. Dallas rushing 4 and constantly beating 5 OL's.
I'm going to assume they go defense in the 1st round and best OL with the 2 spot? And they will have to sign quality with their FA money on both sides of the ball.

Reaction Score
OL is awful again, Jones seems like he turns it over 3x per week, and the defense just makes head-scratching errors all the time. What a great time to be a fan

Reaction Score

Because the rule was put in specifically to address a blatant, game changing call like the one in the NO / LA game. I think the league has made it clear that the rule isn't there to make every contested ball into PI. Nor should it.

Reaction Score
Because the rule was put in specifically to address a blatant, game changing call like the one in the NO / LA game. I think the league has made it clear that the rule isn't there to make every contested ball into PI. Nor should it.
Which is fine in theory. But if that's the case then coaches should have been told that the only time it'll be changed is blatant game changing plays

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Which is fine in theory. But if that's the case then coaches should have been told that the only time it'll be changed is blatant game changing plays
this is the way all reviews should work.

It's way worse in the NHL.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
shouldn't be able to challenge PI. Only at the booth's discretion. And they'll let the on field guys know if a grave injustice has been done.

Reaction Score
Not until the season is over. Have to keep losing. Today was a good day for the franchise with their loss and all the other crappy teams winning.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
They can probably win one more and still pick top 2!

Reaction Score
Eli "very likely" starting vs the Eagles - Jones high ankle sprain

how sweet it would be for E to come in and BEAT PHILLY

Reaction Score
Hope he does well to end his career the right way but still rooting for losses.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom