OT: Giants | Page 42 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Looks like Manning's job secure at least for this weekend speculated because Lauletta is going to be spending the next few days explaining why he ignord a police officer's directions and then almost ran the guy over. I suspect I knwo which intersection this was and I know that there are cops directing traffic there during morning and evening rush nearly every week day.

Giants quarterback Kyle Lauletta charged with nearly hitting cop in traffic incident

Hasn't he had multiple serious driving incidences?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
If it wasn't clear before what an idiotic mistake taking a RB at 2 was before, its crystal clear now.

I can't believe they won't cut Eli. I couldn't believe it before, I REALLY can't believe it now. What's the point keeping him.

Reaction Score
What if they take a QB in the 1st round this year and that QB ends up as good or better than Darnold? And now they've gotten this new QB AND Barkley?
Barkley is already a stud. He's a RB and a WR rolled in one. It's not like the guy they took at 2 ended up being average or worse. That would have been a kick in the nuts.

Reaction Score
21 and 13 gone. 10 must be next. no way Gettlemen is done. he can't be this bad at his job.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
All the news outlets savaging the Giants on this. I'm not so sure. Peppers is a good player. They get a first and a third in a deep draft. They may have other moves lined up where that will help, like trading for Rosen. Let's see what the Giants do from here. They now have money to spend, not just this year with the dead cap hit, but for the next several.

I think there is skepticism because the Giants have been so inept. But this strikes me as a move for a team that realizes it needs a bigger rebuild. OBJ hasn't helped them win games. Receiver is currently what I'd call the most overvalued position in the NFL. Spreading the ball to several good receivers is better than over-targeting one great one. Pats and Rams both used that approach and so did Philly last year.

I do think it was good for the Browns. Mayfield is a stud. Their defense is already very good and adding OBJ turns them into a serious playoff team immediately.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Holy @#$%balls. That's insane.

@KembaStepback that's more than I reckoned it would be. Peppers really came on last year when he switched to playing in the box. Guess this was their Collins replacement.

The Browns are swinging for the fences. I'm not really sure what to think.
It's hard to see OBJ go. Like Whaler said, I have no idea what the plan is. Peppers is solid. To me, I'd do one of 2 things.

1)Trade for Rosen and cut Eli.
2) Roll with Eli and draft 2 defensive players in Round 1 and OL in Round 2. Then draft a guy like Tua, Fromm or Herbert next yr.

Reaction Score
I think there is skepticism because the Giants have been so inept. But this strikes me as a move for a team that realizes it needs a bigger rebuild. OBJ hasn't helped them win games. Receiver is currently what I'd call the most overvalued position in the NFL. Spreading the ball to several good receivers is better than over-targeting one great one. Pats and Rams both used that approach and so did Philly last year.

I do think it was good for the Browns. Mayfield is a stud. Their defense is already very good and adding OBJ turns them into a serious playoff team immediately.

There is skepticism because until 2 days ago, they were not acting like a team wanting to tear things down and rebuild. Now, suddenly they are, without any plan as to what to do with the QB position as part of that supposed rebuild.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
There is skepticism because until 2 days ago, they were not acting like a team wanting to tear things down and rebuild. Now, suddenly they are, without any plan as to what to do with the QB position as part of that supposed rebuild.
Maybe Trevor is the plan.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

They needed a rebuild. If QB isn't addressed in the draft or via trade for Rosen they are inept. Mocks I see show them taking Haskins. That would be a solid move. With the picks they have and what they did last year they should be a solid team again pretty quickly.

Reaction Score
It's hard to see OBJ go. Like Whaler said, I have no idea what the plan is. Peppers is solid. To me, I'd do one of 2 things.

1)Trade for Rosen and cut Eli.
2) Roll with Eli and draft 2 defensive players in Round 1 and OL in Round 2. Then draft a guy like Tua, Fromm or Herbert next yr.

Absolutly have to get a qb this year I mean a real star potential one not a project qb, whether thats Rosen or Haskins, wouldnt necessarily stop you from getting a qb next year either. If you were to have 2 young qbs in back to back years you could trade one of them for more assets, gotta stop drafting project qbs like Nassib, Laulette or Webb lol.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Absolutly have to get a qb this year I mean a real star potential one not a project qb, whether thats Rosen or Haskins, wouldnt necessarily stop you from getting a qb next year either. If you were to have 2 young qbs in back to back years you could trade one of them for more assets, gotta stop drafting project qbs like Nassib, Laulette or Webb lol.
Who is to say Rosen or Haskins are star potential guys? Maybe the scouts don't like them. If the Giants think Tua/Fromm/Herbert/Eason are better than Rosen/Haskins it might make sense to wait.

Reaction Score
Who is to say Rosen or Haskins are star potential guys? Maybe the scouts don't like them. If the Giants think Tua/Fromm/Herbert/Eason are better than Rosen/Haskins it might make sense to wait.

Thats if they dont believe they are franchise qbs just saying if they believe their franchise qbs then you gotta take them. Go with the Accorsi method if your not 100 percent sure hes the next qb then you dont draft him, you dont just draft a qb for the sake of taking a qb. Would be great to trade the 3rd rounder for Rosen if you do that you are basically doing what alot of people thought you should have done last year (drafting a qb instead of Barkley) and you could go crazy with defense and oline in the draft.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Thats if they dont believe they are franchise qbs just saying if they believe their franchise qbs then you gotta take them. Go with the Accorsi method if your not 100 percent sure hes the next qb then you dont draft him, you dont just draft a qb for the sake of taking a qb. Would be great to trade the 3rd rounder for Rosen if you do that you are basically doing what alot of people thought you should have done last year (drafting a qb instead of Barkley) and you could go crazy with defense and oline in the draft.
Agree 1000%

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I just read a good point. Gettleman came in to repair the team, not rebuild the team. Is he the guy you want for a rebuild?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
There are disastrous press calls and then there's whatever the hell this idiot just conducted. A few choice cuts.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He's not rebuilding, he's playing for now. Maybe Eli does have a late-career renaissance in him without the yoke of OBJ.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Gettleman is insane and needs to go post haste. It’s surreal watching this clown show

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Gettleman is insane and needs to go post haste. It’s surreal watching this clown show
All the teams around here are clown shows except Geno’s program and those damn Patriots.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom