OT: Giants | Page 40 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

Reaction Score
If Odell catches that ball its not a conversation your 1-5 I'm ok with taking chances.
It was a dumb decision. Even if OBJ catches it, I still think it's an unwise and foolish call. If you want to go for 2 to win, do it on the next td.

Reaction Score
Very few coaches do it, so I'm surprised Shurmur did. But the numbers say going for 2 in that situation is the right call

Reaction Score
Very few coaches do it, so I'm surprised Shurmur did. But the numbers say going for 2 in that situation is the right call

Defense couldn't get a stop anyways, couldn't get themselves off the field in 3rd down to save their lives.

Reaction Score
Defense couldn't get a stop anyways, couldn't get themselves off the field in 3rd down to save their lives.
Yeah realistically they were losing that game at some point, Ryan was tearing the defense apart. Got half a stop and they make a long FG with a guy off the street. Bad teams always find a way to lose

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If Amari Cooper can fetch a 1st round pick (likely a pretty good one), the Giants have to explore the idea of trading OBJ. By the time they are able to draft and develop a QB, it will be 2020 at the earliest. He'd be in the 3rd year of his contract and any kind of cap hit penalty will drop from $14.7M to $8M. There's an opt-out in 2021 too. Meaning the acquiring team would obviously need to have significant cap room in the next few years but could conceivably get out of the remaining contract once he start to enter his down years of his career.

Reaction Score
If Amari Cooper can fetch a 1st round pick (likely a pretty good one), the Giants have to explore the idea of trading OBJ. By the time they are able to draft and develop a QB, it will be 2020 at the earliest. He'd be in the 3rd year of his contract and any kind of cap hit penalty will drop from $14.7M to $8M. There's an opt-out in 2021 too. Meaning the acquiring team would obviously need to have significant cap room in the next few years but could conceivably get out of the remaining contract once he start to enter his down years of his career.
If last night showed us anything, it’s that OBJ is at the VERY least a top-3 WR in the league. He makes catches only a handful of players in history could. There’s about a 75 or so percent chance this is Eli’s last year with us, and our next QB will most likely be young, inexperienced and developmental, so why would we want to give away a generational talent? Cooper has been plagued by drops and underwhelming play, OBJ is in a whole other class.

Reaction Score
If last night showed us anything, it’s that OBJ is at the VERY least a top-3 WR in the league. He makes catches only a handful of players in history could. There’s about a 75 or so percent chance this is Eli’s last year with us, and our next QB will most likely be young, inexperienced and developmental, so why would we want to give away a generational talent? Cooper has been plagued by drops and underwhelming play, OBJ is in a whole other class.
I actually agree with this.

Reaction Score
The idea of trading OBJ should start with asking for 3 1st round picks. And when nobody bites you go back to building around him and Barkley

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The idea of trading OBJ should start with asking for 3 1st round picks. And when nobody bites you go back to building around him and Barkley

EXACTLY. Or 2 1st round picks from a mediocre team like Dallas. Amari friggin' Cooper just got a very good mid 1st rd pick. OBJ's shoelaces are better than Cooper. The contract is huge but a team with a rookie QB contract and cap space might want to make a splash.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You can’t make this mess up. 7 weeks ago in they were all in today they trade starters for picks at the bottom of the draft.

It’s probably the right thing to do but how did they miss on where they were so badly.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
You can’t make this mess up. 7 weeks ago in they were all in today they trade starters for picks at the bottom of the draft.

It’s probably the right thing to do but how did they miss on where they were so badly.

Hey, hey, hey, Pat Shurmur says the Giants aren't throwing in the towel.

For the return on Apple, I don't know why they just didn't keep him. Haven't heard anything from him attitude wise that would suggest getting rid of him.

The return on Snacks - who has a reasonable deal - I felt should have returned more as well.

The one guy to me to keep an eye out for is Collins. I think his play has deteriorated and if they could get a 2nd for him - ahead of his FA - I'd pull the trigger.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

I don’t know how they missed so badly, but I think admitting and accepting it is a positive step.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hey, hey, hey, Pat Shurmur says the Giants aren't throwing in the towel.

For the return on Apple, I don't know why they just didn't keep him. Haven't heard anything from him attitude wise that would suggest getting rid of him.

The return on Snacks - who has a reasonable deal - I felt should have returned more as well.

The one guy to me to keep an eye out for is Collins. I think his play has deteriorated and if they could get a 2nd for him - ahead of his FA - I'd pull the trigger.

heard laconfora yesterday.. thinks Oakland will trade Carr and what did he float as a potential home.... the swamps of New Jersey (not Rutgers)

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
heard laconfora yesterday.. thinks Oakland will trade Carr and what did he float as a potential home.... the swamps of New Jersey (not Rutgers)

I really no nothing about Carr/Oakland except they were all set to challenge the Pats in 2016, Carr broke his leg, and both haven't been good since then. At $20M/season if he played like 2015/2016 I'd take it. But this version? Especially with what they'd ask, no way.

Also, I don't watch Rutgers as closely as UConn/Giants, but I usually tune in. I don't think the records due justice to the amount of horrible football I've watched this season.

Rutgers 1-7
UConn 1-6
Giants 1-6

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Love makes one do silly things.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Trading for Carr would be very dumb

If you're thinking about the salary cap, I wouldn't be concerned. John Mara will just use the influence of his Daddy's name on Goodie-dell and unilaterally give himself a cap exemption.

Reaction Score
If you're thinking about the salary cap, I wouldn't be concerned. John Mara will just use the influence of his Daddy's name on Goodie-dell and unilaterally give himself a cap exemption.
Cap and also I just don't think he's that good. Take him over Eli no doubt but I'd prefer a long term answer

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Interesting thought someone posed to me today: Was McAdoo right after all?

I guess I’d say yes and no. He was right to recognize that the post-Eli era needed to start sooner rather than later. He was piss-poor in the execution imo. If—as I now understand—his plan was to use Smith as a bridge to get Webb some snaps because Webb hadn’t even been playing with the practice squad, he should have made that clear at the time. Among most fans I know, playing Smith instead of Webb was the worst part of the decision.

If that would have accelerated the decision that neither was the guy, perhaps they draft a QB instead of Barkley. I like Barkley so much so far that I guess I’m hoping we luck into our next QB in this year’s draft, although we all know that won’t have been by design

Reaction Score
Its just pathetic how bad they are, how awful the offense is, and how stupid the playcalling is. Can’t blame Odell at all for his frustration when you’re the best player on the team and don’t even get looked at first and goal from the 4. Shurmur sucks.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Same story over and over again. I am starting to think it is the game plan. You cannot tell me Manning could not of avoided half of those sacks or at least try. Sure there were times he didn't stand a chance, but try. Actually he always was a pocket QB. Red Zone failures. The offense needs to score to fire up the defense. Stupid penalties.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be shocked if Lauletta is in there next game. On one hand it'll be a national game, but its SF who's just as awful, and they'll have an extra week to get him ready

Reaction Score
Looks like Manning's job secure at least for this weekend speculated because Lauletta is going to be spending the next few days explaining why he ignord a police officer's directions and then almost ran the guy over. I suspect I knwo which intersection this was and I know that there are cops directing traffic there during morning and evening rush nearly every week day.

Giants quarterback Kyle Lauletta charged with nearly hitting cop in traffic incident

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom