OT: Giants | Page 47 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Love Eli, always will. Move had to be made to see what we have in Jones and to get him some in game experience.

An incompetent coach and GM can be masked a bit by a QB that elevates the team around him. That's probably our best case scenario.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
The decision to keep Eli cost them in multiple ways. Cap space, couldn’t make the downfield throws Beckham wanted, put 8 men in a box against Barkley which may shorten his career.
agree. the cap situation this yr is a mess. OBJ still counts toward the cap as well. and now they're playing jones in game 3 and are still on the hook for eli's 23. horrible cap management. they should be flush with space next yr.

Reaction Score
Love Eli, always will. Move had to be made to see what we have in Jones and to get him some in game experience.

An incompetent coach and GM can be masked a bit by a QB that elevates the team around him. That's probably our best case scenario.

Would it be possible to trade Eli this season for a draft pick(s) and more cap space next year considering the rash of QB injuries already this season (Roethlisberger, Brees, Darnold & Siemian, etc.)?

Reaction Score
Would it be possible to trade Eli this season for a draft pick(s) and more cap space next year considering the rash of QB injuries already this season (Roethlisberger, Brees, Darnold & Siemian, etc.)?
Yeah I’m sure everyone is just lining up with their draft picks for Eli.

Reaction Score
Eli is on the record he doesn't want to play elsewhere. But even if he did nobody is trading for him

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Maybe you could name who would give up anything for Eli, and what they might be willing to part with

I don't think the Giants will trade Eli or that Eli wants to be traded. I think Eli is still probably better than about 8 current starters (post injuries).

With that said, I don't think it would be crazy for the Jaguars or Jets to send the Giants a 6th round pick for Eli to play while their starters are out. Both teams had playoff aspirations and are playing Luke Falk and Gardner Minshew respectively.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think Minshew is better than Eli... Pittsburgh seems to be in the worst QB situation.

Reaction Score
I don't think the Giants will trade Eli or that Eli wants to be traded. I think Eli is still probably better than about 8 current starters (post injuries).

With that said, I don't think it would be crazy for the Jaguars or Jets to send the Giants a 6th round pick for Eli to play while their starters are out. Both teams had playoff aspirations and are playing Luke Falk and Gardner Minshew respectively.
Darnold is back in 4 weeks. Jacksonville is a mess but he doesn’t make them any better. Lol I can’t believe you think either team had legitimate playoff aspirations, and further, that they think throwing Eli in can save said aspirations. They were both already in the bottom half of the conference.

New England, Baltimore, Cleveland, Indy, Houston, KC, Chargers, and Tennessee are all better even before said injuries. I left Pittsburgh out on purpose. You can argue Cinci and Oakland are at least as good.

Name the 8 QBs he’s better than. That’s a quarter of the league.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think Minshew is better than Eli... Pittsburgh seems to be in the worst QB situation.
And based on trading away this year's 1st rounder yesterday they seem to have a lot of faith in Rudolph (justified or not)

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Darnold is back in 4 weeks. Jacksonville is a mess but he doesn’t make them any better. Lol I can’t believe you think either team had legitimate playoff aspirations, and further, that they think throwing Eli in can save said aspirations. They were both already in the bottom half of the conference.

New England, Baltimore, Cleveland, Indy, Houston, KC, Chargers, and Tennessee are all better even before said injuries. I left Pittsburgh out on purpose. You can argue Cinci and Oakland are at least as good.

Name the 8 QBs he’s better than. That’s a quarter of the league.

In the NFL, damn near every team has playoff aspirations at the start of the season. Aside from the Patriots, the leagues playoffs teams switch near every year.

For the rest of the season? I would take Eli over the current NFL starting QBs. I got 8 guys. Though I still would take Eli over Winston, but I excluded him.

Flacco, Brisset, Minshew, Fitzpatrick, Bridgewater, Luke Falk, Mason Rudolph, Case Keenum

Reaction Score
In the NFL, damn near every team has playoff aspirations at the start of the season. Aside from the Patriots, the leagues playoffs teams switch near every year.

For the rest of the season? I would take Eli over the current NFL starting QBs. I got 8 guys. Though I still would take Eli over Winston, but I excluded him.

Flacco, Brisset, Minshew, Fitzpatrick, Bridgewater, Luke Falk, Mason Rudolph, Case Keenum
Guess we will have to agree to disagree because I’d take Brisset, Fitz, Bridgewater, and probably Flacco over Eli. Especially given their familiarity with the systems they’re already in. Eli is floundering in the NY system; his lame ass is supposed to come in, learn a system, and lead a sorry team to the playoffs?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Guess we will have to agree to disagree because I’d take Brisset, Fitz, Bridgewater, and probably Flacco over Eli. Especially given their familiarity with the systems they’re already in. Eli is floundering in the NY system; his lame ass is supposed to come in, learn a system, and lead a sorry team to the playoffs?

Was talking hypothetically. Obviously I think it makes sense to keep someone in their current situation over bringing in someone new in most of the spots. In a vacuum I'd be inclined to take Eli.

I listed Jax and NYJ earlier, because the Jets are literally starting Luke Falk (who?) and it doesn't uproot his living situation and who knows how long Darnold will be out as mono can be tricky. I say the Jags too because of the Coughlin connection. Again, talking like a 6th round pick here in a purely fantasy scenario.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Eli would command a 6th rounder at absolutebest this point.. Too old and we'll paid to get anything more. You don't trade for a guy like this to plug and play temporarily.

And you wouldn't take Eli over half those guys, considering potentialcap implications.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

At the bare minimum,you want to see what you have at this point,

Pittsburgh doesn't seem to know what they are doing at the moment.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Francesa may be shot but he aint wrong about the Jints

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Eli is on the record he doesn't want to play elsewhere. But even if he did nobody is trading for him
He wouldn't have to if he went to the Jets.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Case Keenum
Washington's FO is incompetent, and if they trade for Eli, I'm switching my primary allegiance. That said, they won't (probably).

1) Not enough cap room.
2) Keenum is not their issue (on paper he's arguably played better than Eli over the last 2+ seasons), and
3) Dwayne Haskins is waiting in the wings.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Francesa may be shot but he aint wrong about the Jints

Mike is usually wrong about his sports takes these days, but I still think he's pretty good at reading a situation calling out incompetence or #2 in the local market pretty good.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Week 15 is going to be glorious. Two 0-14 teams who are actively tanking the season.

The movable object vs. the resistible force and it going to play right into Mara's wheel house.

If the Giant's win, Mara will be in the Goddell's ear, making sure the Dolphins lose their #1 pick for blatantly trying to throw the season. If The Giant's are "successful?" Well, Mr. Commissioner, we were trying out a new QB. No harm no foul. Pay no attention to out GM gutting most other significant players.

I wonder if attempting to protect a spouse beating punter proves to be worth it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom