OT: Giants | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

Reaction Score
When you average 3.4 yards per attempt while playing with ten other NFL players, that's not good. No matter how bad the offensive line or receivers look from inside the New York Giants bubble, Eli's stat line today looks like something a replacement level quarterback would muster in a similar circumstance. His performance can't be thrown out when he doesn't play well and then credited when he does. Otherwise, the same standard should be applied to his super bowls when he did have those other things. This isn't even an Eli thing so much as it is a fallacy perpetuated by QB bias in the media. Where there is a quarterback struggling, you can count on somebody blaming the offensive line or receivers. It's quite literally clockwork - the camera zooms in on the quarterback and you miss everything else going on, so it is presumed when he gets sacked or has nowhere to throw that he's the victim.

In saying all this, the situation in New York is really dire and I don't think even the biggest Eli critic - which isn't me - can reasonably expect him to turn things around. He's graded fairly highly on PFF and had strung together some good games in a row heading into this one. It's probably for the better that they lose and develop other options at receiver since this is a lost season.

Reaction Score
This isn’t about Eli, everyone knows it although watching Wilson turn every 3rd down into a sure thing highlights Eli’s shortcomings. Can’t convert 3rd and a half yard as usual. Seattle had how many opportunities to score in the red zone in the first half. How long can you leave the Giants D on the field? Totally tanked by the 4th quarter. Eli throwing to practice squad players but I’m psyched about Engram.

Reaction Score
At zero point, ever, does the guy have possession of the ball in the end zone. Never. Not even after he goes out of bounds multiple times while fighting to get it out of Collins hands.

That was a mind-numbingly stupid call. And after yesterday's disaster, I mean come on. I hope football dies a fiery death as a sport.
By rule that was 100% Seattle TD. Shared possession goes to the WR. Once Richardson hit the ground with 2 hands on the ball it was a TD. It was the proper call.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Ever heard of tavaris king or travis rudolph? That's Eli's number 2 and 3 WRs, his number 1 is Roger Lewis, you morons think any QB could put up 200 yards on seattle with these guys? The Eli hate is real...

Reaction Score
By rule that was 100% Seattle TD. Shared possession goes to the WR. Once Richardson hit the ground with 2 hands on the ball it was a TD. It was the proper call.

As they hit the ground he had about 3 fingers on it while Collins had almost 2 hands on then they rolled around he went OOB's and shouldn't even be able to catch it at that time. It's a horrible call that the same guy who made the Jets call made sure they didn't change, it's really simple. Refs suck now, NFL wide awful. Something needs to be done because they're making a mockery of the game. I could care less about the call, GMen suck but it's the wrong one again, and again, and again that's the issue not just that one.

They finally got Gronk for offensive interference twice yesterday but he has a twin, Jimmy Graham. Once in the end zone Apple made the play despite and the other he just pushed the DBack away made the play. What's that guy looking at right in front of him? By the way I also saw Kennard take a TE down in the middle on a play that was so obvious it was incredible they missed it and Crockett too so this isn't a one way b-session. But they will throw a flag every punt no matter what happens! LOL

Reaction Score
Ever heard of tavaris king or travis rudolph? That's Eli's number 2 and 3 WRs, his number 1 is Roger Lewis, you morons think any QB could put up 200 yards on seattle with these guys? The Eli hate is real...

People that don't get they can't run and they have, as Fishy said, CFL receivers just prefer to make it easy and blame Eli. Not Brady, not anyone would've scored more than 7. Add to it the unGodly play calling and you have the recipe for 1-6.

Reaction Score
As they hit the ground he had about 3 fingers on it while Collins had almost 2 hands on then they rolled around he went OOB's and shouldn't even be able to catch it at that time. It's a horrible call that the same guy who made the Jets call made sure they didn't change, it's really simple. Refs suck now, NFL wide awful. Something needs to be done because they're making a mockery of the game. I could care less about the call, GMen suck but it's the wrong one again, and again, and again that's the issue not just that one.

They finally got Gronk for offensive interference twice yesterday but he has a twin, Jimmy Graham. Once in the end zone Apple made the play despite and the other he just pushed the DBack away made the play. What's that guy looking at right in front of him? By the way I also saw Kennard take a TE down in the middle on a play that was so obvious it was incredible they missed it and Crockett too so this isn't a one way b-session. But they will throw a flag every punt no matter what happens! LOL
I agree on the Gronk thing. I think all WR/TE get away with too much of that. Graham def gave a shove on both endzone plays. That Jet call was just a joke! But its the Pats so whats new.

Reaction Score
Giants have to play Webb some so we know who to draft. Watching Wilson move around vs Eli stuck in sand was not good. Love Eli but.......

Reaction Score
The patriots seem to find there way into every giant thread. Interesting Lol.

Well they do lead the league in offensive interference flags right so the refs are getting something right finally. I believe Gronk and Graham were brought up didn't single out the human push off now did I yell? LOL

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Yes, let's put our rookie QB into a situation where he's almost certain to fail behind a horrid offensive line without a run game and no NFL caliber starting receivers aside from Engram.

Is Webb sees the field this season in any capacity aside from mop up duty, the Giants brass is dumber than I had originally thought.

Reaction Score
Yes, let's put our rookie QB into a situation where he's almost certain to fail behind a horrid offensive line without a run game and no NFL caliber starting receivers aside from Engram.

Is Webb sees the field this season in any capacity aside from mop up duty, the Giants brass is dumber than I had originally thought.

Thanks CHB, not sure what people think. Add to that if the kid was going to be Eli's replacement Gino wouldn't be #2. This isn't the future, not sure where his replacement is but remember what happened post-Phil Simms? I mean all these Eli haters will be wishing he was their QB when David Brown, Danny Kannell and Kent Graham types are looking to be the next Eli.

Here's an idea, put together a solid OLine and let everyone get healthy and let Eli QB for 2-3 more years we'll be fine. Maybe that "next guy" is in this draft who knows but be careful what you wish for people.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Thanks CHB, not sure what people think. Add to that if the kid was going to be Eli's replacement Gino wouldn't be #2. This isn't the future, not sure where his replacement is but remember what happened post-Phil Simms? I mean all these Eli haters will be wishing he was their QB when David Brown, Danny Kannell and Kent Graham types are looking to be the next Eli.

Here's an idea, put together a solid OLine and let everyone get healthy and let Eli QB for 2-3 more years we'll be fine. Maybe that "next guy" is in this draft who knows but be careful what you wish for people.

That's my take as well. Regroup in the offseason, get healthy and fortify the line. Give it another go or two.

The Giants have sunk too much money into free agency for anyone to think think they will or should tank purposefully.

Reaction Score
Eli isn't done yet, O-line obviously needs help , running game also which goes with the O-line improvement. Defence is solid. Head coach, GM ?????

Reaction Score
Eli isn't done yet, O-line obviously needs help , running game also which goes with the O-line improvement. Defence is solid. Head coach, GM ?????

Head coach for sure. The OC may be calling the plays now but it's still coming from his philosophy and it sucks. So painful to watch from game 1 this year, and the reality is even at 11-5 the play calling was dreadful last year as the defense carried his butt. Needs to go and Reese, well look at the o-line and say no more. Think about the Sheppard and OBJ injuries, short quick patterns because they couldn't throw the ball down field so multiple tacklers in one area as the offense was so easy to figure.

Changes need to be made or it will be the same old.

Reaction Score
What do you guys think of Lamar Jackson?

I'm very much in the No Thanks camp on this one. Accuracy is not at all good - solid college kid but really inconsistent. Pocket passer please with a little mobility I'm fine. I'd be watching USC.

Reaction Score
I'm very much in the No Thanks camp on this one. Accuracy is not at all good - solid college kid but really inconsistent. Pocket passer please with a little mobility I'm fine. I'd be watching USC.
I thought last year was a one off thing, but he has put up very good numbers behind a bad offensive line and on a bad team overall. Not saying he's my pick, just interesting.

Reaction Score
When you average 3.4 yards per attempt while playing with ten other NFL players, that's not good. No matter how bad the offensive line or receivers look from inside the New York Giants bubble, Eli's stat line today looks like something a replacement level quarterback would muster in a similar circumstance. His performance can't be thrown out when he doesn't play well and then credited when he does. Otherwise, the same standard should be applied to his super bowls when he did have those other things. This isn't even an Eli thing so much as it is a fallacy perpetuated by QB bias in the media. Where there is a quarterback struggling, you can count on somebody blaming the offensive line or receivers. It's quite literally clockwork - the camera zooms in on the quarterback and you miss everything else going on, so it is presumed when he gets sacked or has nowhere to throw that he's the victim.

In saying all this, the situation in New York is really dire and I don't think even the biggest Eli critic - which isn't me - can reasonably expect him to turn things around. He's graded fairly highly on PFF and had strung together some good games in a row heading into this one. It's probably for the better that they lose and develop other options at receiver since this is a lost season.
Your fixation on Eli is really disturbing, especially since you are not even a Giants fan. Move on man, get over it. He has 2 more SBs than your organization ever will.

Reaction Score
What do you guys think of Lamar Jackson?
I'd be fine taking him in the 2nd round, but he's definitely below the top tier of Rosen/Darnold/Allen. He's right there with Mason Rudolph as a guy I'd take a chance on if they fall to far down to get a top QB this year

Reaction Score
I'd be fine taking him in the 2nd round, but he's definitely below the top tier of Rosen/Darnold/Allen. He's right there with Mason Rudolph as a guy I'd take a chance on if they fall to far down to get a top QB this year

No OL in the 2nd round or LBer much more important than Jackson, wouldn't take him with any pick.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Well they do lead the league in offensive interference flags right so the refs are getting something right finally. I believe Gronk and Graham were brought up didn't single out the human push off now did I yell? LOL
I'm a Gmen fan BUT the Gronk thing goes both ways. The guy is so big and so strong that many times he gets beaten up and there is no call. As far as the Offensive Interference goes , even Engram pushes off - a lot - and surprisingly doesn't get the call against him and he is a rookie
All I can say about Gronk - I wish he wore a Giants uniform

Reaction Score
No OL in the 2nd round or LBer much more important than Jackson, wouldn't take him with any pick.
Well you've filled one of those holes in the 1st round. And at some point you have to take your QB of the future.

But I also realize I'm higher on Jackson than most. I see the same things happening to him as with Teddy Bridgewater, people talking themselves out of him when in reality he's a good player

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom