OT: Giants | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

Reaction Score
Still a lot of time and I've seen the Giants find ways to blow games many times.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
A lot of us did. He's a bad situational coach and his playcalling was very questionable.

Well at least he stopped calling plays.

98% chance we win this game. Which means they can blow it!

Darkwa just got a big first down. Now it's 99%. But they can still blow it!

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Nobody had a problem with BM last year, why not give him another season? Or at least the rest of this season to figure some things out?
The problem was his conduct leading up to the game and the crappy play calling and game management. Reese is the one who deserves to be canned for ignoring the OL issues.

Reaction Score
The "experts"seem to think that rearranging the offensive line was responsible for this.

Reaction Score
The "experts"seem to think that rearranging the offensive line was responsible for this.

Well is it is then that coach was 5 games too late so he should be fired anyway. They certainly ran it better no doubt, but once again as the Giants do so well they left the game open for the Bronco's to comeback and why? Because they ran the ball so well they never opened up the offense, which is what running the ball so well should lead to. Happy for the win but still crappy offensive focus.

Reaction Score
Well is it is then that coach was 5 games too late so he should be fired anyway. They certainly ran it better no doubt, but once again as the Giants do so well they left the game open for the Bronco's to comeback and why? Because they ran the ball so well they never opened up the offense, which is what running the ball so well should lead to. Happy for the win but still crappy offensive focus.

Once the giants got the pick 6, there was no reason to open things up. They had a limited receiving corp against a very good secondary on the road. They had some success running, and it was apparent early on that the Broncos were not going to to mount a dangerous pass attack at all with Siemian.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
You know you're getting boned on a call when the ref announces the ruling on the field stands in the same tone Ted Allen uses to tell chefs they've been chopped.

At zero point, ever, does the guy have possession of the ball in the end zone. Never. Not even after he goes out of bounds multiple times while fighting to get it out of Collins hands.

That was a mind-numbingly stupid call. And after yesterday's disaster, I mean come on. I hope football dies a fiery death as a sport.

Reaction Score
Eli, try to manage a game so your defense isn't playing 2/3rds of the game. He is just a mediocre player at this point.

Reaction Score
Tell me how he played. 38 passes for 134 yards.

You tell me you were watching I assume? The playcalling is gross #1 that’s obvious, they rarely throw on first down and they hardly ever throw downfield because they can’t block and they have no receivers, the ones they have are never on the same page. I mean call it against all odds but how can we ask the guy to manage that game?

Reaction Score
You tell me you were watching I assume? The playcalling is gross #1 that’s obvious, they rarely throw on first down and they hardly ever throw downfield because they can’t block and they have no receivers, the ones they have are never on the same page. I mean call it against all odds but how can we ask the guy to manage that game?
This game, even moreso than the rest, he missed open recievers. They aren't always incredible misses, but he always makes an easy pass harder, rarely right in the bread basket. He also doesn't do his line any good by sitting in the pocket and waiting for pressure to come, rather than step up or move around a bit. I think this was debatably his worst game this year.

Reaction Score
Been telling all y'all Eli sucks. He won 2 Super Bowls because Archie's been super busy conjuring up the spirits.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
2 time Super Bowl winner and MVP doesn't spell suck,y'all
80% of the teams will take the results that this sucks QB has produced
He may be on the wrong side of his career but THANK YOU Eli for 2 Super Bowls

Reaction Score
It's almost like playing against a good defense with a receiving core of Roger Lewis Jr, Tavarres King, Travis Rudolph, and Ed Eagan will lead to bad results. Eli is without a doubt on the back end of his career but I'm surprised he even did as much as he did today. Only so many times you can throw it to Engram

Reaction Score
It's almost like playing against a good defense with a receiving core of Roger Lewis Jr, Tavarres King, Travis Rudolph, and Ed Eagan will lead to bad results. Eli is without a doubt on the back end of his career but I'm surprised he even did as much as he did today. Only so many times you can throw it to Engram
That has been my point about Eli for the last few years. For a guy to have one offensive option due to the well known o line, run game, and dropped balls, he is almost killing it. Think about it. If you are the oppositing defense you can always rush three and pressure and double the best offensive option. For Eli to have the numbers he has with one play everyone knows is actually pretty impressive. No he is not Rodgers Peyton or Tom. But he is at least Brett Favre without post season drama and let downs, crocs, 2 Super Bowls, no pain killer mvps.

Reaction Score
This was another great day for the future of the New York Football Giants organization. Keep losing. One more loss closer to Reese losing his job, a new GM coming in and great draft picks to restore the talent on the team while Beckham and others get healthy for next year.

KEEP LOSING. DONT STOP LOSING. 1-15!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
This was another great day for the future of the New York Football Giants organization. Keep losing. One more loss closer to Reese losing his job, a new GM coming in and great draft picks to restore the talent on the team while Beckham and others get healthy for next year.

KEEP LOSING. DONT STOP LOSING. 1-15!!!!!!!!!!
This I agree with as well. If we can't win it please don't go anything better than 4-12. I will take another upset (even though Denver ain't looking so good) and a Dallas win. I'm good with that. Reese more than any draft position gots ta go!!!! A topn3 pick or a trade down 5-10 can load us up. I'm good with engrams getting play cause t would trade him for picks in e second. You get value for talent and youth, and rookie contracts.

Reaction Score
Well I'm glad I'm not a Falcons fan they have to be the softest and dumbest team I have ever seen, I do believe in Super Bowl defeats having a negative effect the following season.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Syracuse right now has better receivers than the Giants, so I don’t want to hear about Eli.

The offensive line is horrific, the running backs are merely bad and the receivers are CFL players.

Tom Brady couldn’t right that ship.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom