Giants screw it up again | The Boneyard

Giants screw it up again

Reaction Score
I guess this is what happens when you hire a GM fired by the panthers. Unbelievable.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
I actually really like the pick and wouldn't be surprised if Thomas turns out to be a top 5 player in the draft.

Why not trade down, though? Giants have plenty of depth issues that an extra 2nd day pick could help with. Thomas or a similarly elite tackle would still have been there a couple picks later.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I actually really like the pick and wouldn't be surprised if Thomas turns out to be a top 5 player in the draft.

Why not trade down, though? Giants have plenty of depth issues that an extra 2nd day pick could help with. Thomas or a similarly elite tackle would still have been there a couple picks later.
My guess is no one would trade them them. What team in the top 12 or so didn’t seem to get what they wanted/needed?

Reaction Score
I like the OT. Wirfs isn’t a LT. Probably a guard. Thomas looks like a LT.

I guess they could have traded down. But no one really needed to go to No. 3 or No.4. Everyone got what they wanted .

Reaction Score
I guess I am annoyed because I would have traded down. Could have drafted a like player later in my mind. But of course if no one would trade then that’s tough. That’s why it’s easy to be a fan.

Reaction Score
Very little activity in this draft. I don't think the trade was there for the Giants. Not a bad pick, hopefully he doesn't turn into Flowers 2.0.

Reaction Score
The left tackle the Jets picked is an unbelievable physical talent (A 22 year old pancake machine) The Jets have been burned in the past by not taking the guy with a pre-draft drug warning (Dan Marino, Warren Saap); I like this gamble.

The Giants should have taken LB Isaiah Simmons. He has a chance to be a legendary defensive player. Just an incredible talent. One of the analysts said if he played safety he would be the best safety in the draft and he grades as the second best pass rusher in the draft. He is the guy Obi could have been for UCONN if he was moved to linebacker.

Amazing what people can do from home these days. The silver lining of this virus is going to be extra work from home days for many which will be great for traffic and the environment.

Last edited:

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Simmons could be the next Ray Lewis

Reaction Score
Everyone on the Giants boards seemed to like the pick. Ill do a wait and see with this one. I really wanted Simmons as well, I did think getting an OT was the smarter move.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I like the OT. Wirfs isn’t a LT. Probably a guard. Thomas looks like a LT.

I guess they could have traded down. But no one really needed to go to No. 3 or No.4. Everyone got what they wanted .

Wirfs is so goshdarn athletic he'll be able to play guard or OT no problem. Hell, he could play tight end. I haven't seen an athlete like this in the draft in a while now.

Reaction Score
Wirfs is so goshdarn athletic he'll be able to play guard or OT no problem. Hell, he could play tight end. I haven't seen an athlete like this in the draft in a while now.
I don’t think he is a LT. He is more a guard IMO. I love the player, but not many scouts project him as a LT. Giants need a left tackle with a low floor. Wirfs is too risky.

Reaction Score
I don’t think he is a LT. He is more a guard IMO. I love the player, but not many scouts project him as a LT. Giants need a left tackle with a low floor. Wirfs is too risky.
For what it's worth, when I was looking at draft grades on a site, mentioned within the Wirfs-to-Tampa piece was a comment that Wirfs was almost a Giant. Gettleman wanted him, but the coaches preferred Thomas and Gettleman relented.

2020 NFL Draft Grades - WalterFootball

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom