OT: Giants-Browns trade | The Boneyard

OT: Giants-Browns trade

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I think the Giants will take DE with the #6 pick....hopefully Sweat.

And it wouldn't surprise me if they take Stidham (Auburn QB) in round 2 if he is still there and he does well on his pro day and interview.

Reaction Score
This draft is loaded with front line defense talent

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
A Cleveland guy doubted the Browns would trade Zeitler because "...who’s trading for a guard carrying cap numbers of $12.4 million the next two seasons and $14.4 million after that?"

Reaction Score
I like the move for the Browns. They're swimming in cap space, so can afford to take on Vernon. They're gonna be legit next year.

I agree they are a team on the rise but no idea why you would trade a premier interior lineman for a highly paid d lineman who has underachieved. Doesn’t make any sense to me.

Giants just took care of a huge need dealing a guy many thought they would cut

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
good trade for the Giant's as they needed a guard who can pass block and run block. Now they need a pass rusher.

The Giants gave them a 4th round pick and the Browns are giving them a 5th round pick in return and it frees up $5 million more in cap space

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Sweat at 6, Rosen to NY?

Possibly. I was not a fan of Rosen in the 2018 draft fearing his health issues and attitude, but the Giants have so many needs - way too many - that a value play for QB makes sense to me, especially since I don't think Haskins or any of the QBs in this draft are locks to be long run successes.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I’m not sure if it’s just me, but I don’t really want anything to do with Rosen.

Well - I was in the camp for a long while - but I heard one report say that he really was a good guy last year in AZ despite being in an offense that was terrible with no OL or weapons. I could be persuaded either way on him at this hour..... if we get him, it has to be value play, not trading a 1st round pick for him....

I'm curious to see where Stidham falls. However, I haven't done all my homework....

Reaction Score
Well - I was in the camp for a long while - but I heard one report say that he really was a good guy last year in AZ despite being in an offense that was terrible with no OL or weapons. I could be persuaded either way on him at this hour..... if we get him, it has to be value play, not trading a 1st round pick for him....

I'm curious to see where Stidham falls. However, I haven't done all my homework....
I'd rather have Lock than Stidham.

Reaction Score
I think our best option right now is to trade back to ~ the 10th pick, choose someone like Burns from FSU, and get another 2nd or 3rd round pick to use on the defense as well.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'd rather have Lock than Stidham.

I was a big Lock fan going into 2018 - but then I watched a couple of his games last year and didn't understand what happened to his arm. He seemed both weak armed and inaccurate during his bowl game.

Reaction Score
I was a big Lock fan going into 2018 - but then I watched a couple of his games last year and didn't understand what happened to his arm. He seemed both weak armed and inaccurate during his bowl game.
Maybe a bad game or some discomfort? He has a cannon

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Maybe a bad game or some discomfort? He has a cannon

I haven't done all my homework to have deep convictions....so I will revisit at some point.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Saw somewhere that Rosen would only warrant a 3rd rd pick. For a 3rd rounder I would trade for him...
I think you have to do it if the cost is merely a 3rd round pick. Our problem, we dont have a third round pick because we drafted that CB from directional michigan in the supplemental draft last year.

Rosen would probably really embrace the stage in NY as a Giant (and I say that not wanting anything to do with him in 2018) because it would be a perfect setting to get his revenge.

Reaction Score
I would trade the 2nd round pick for Rosen. I would then trade back from 6 to the 10-15 range, draft an edge rusher there and in return for the 6th get a 2nd round pick back

Reaction Score
I would trade the 2nd round pick for Rosen. I would then trade back from 6 to the 10-15 range, draft an edge rusher there and in return for the 6th get a 2nd round pick back
If we can trade next year's second for Rosen and then trade back, we can probably get a first and second next year.

Reaction Score
Touché

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom