Giant American Flag at Navy Game... | The Boneyard

Giant American Flag at Navy Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was told the Aetna is sponsoring the appearance of the Giant American Flag at the game. Aetna's giving out a free ticket to the game to 500 volunteers to man the flag during ceremonies. The catch: volunteers have to enter the RENT 2.5 hours before game time for positioning & practice with the flag.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Was told the Aetna is sponsoring the appearance of the Giant American Flag at the game. Aetna's giving out a free ticket to the game to 500 volunteers to man the flag during ceremonies. The catch: volunteers have to enter the RENT 2.5 hours before game time for positioning & practice with the flag.
Hope they are able to execute this special teams maneuver...

:rolleyes:

In truth - cant wait to see it! That's awesome.

Reaction Score
I went to the first Uconn Navy game 40 years ago. Three college buddies and myself went to Annapolis . We drove th So Jersy the night before and stayed at my sister's home then went to the game the next day. We lost 55-7 I believe. But the memories wee great

Reaction Score
jayfromfla said:
I went to the first Uconn Navy game 20 years ago. Three college buddies and myself went to Annapolis . We drove th So Jersy the night before and stayed at my sister's home then went to the game the next day. We lost 55-7 I believe. But the memories wee great
Hopefully the score can be flipped this time.

Reaction Score
No spitting match here coach but this is not a catch but an honor. I would love to give up a couple of hours for something like this and still not ask for a refund on my season ticket. Donate their free ticket to a possible new fan.
We have tens of thousands men and women all over the globe protecting our sovereignty day and night 24/7 with their life on the line. Getting to hold up the American flag in a ceremonial situation with Navy in the house....
To many and myself would be priceless.... Again no malice, I am sure you will cheer for those that went for what you call a catch but they consider an honor.

Reaction Score
This flag always impresses me (see picture). I have seen some NFL games with a partial field flag and am proud of the flag at Pratt and Whitney Field. UConn hosted Navy at Memorial Stadium in 1975 and lost 30-3 I think. They were bigger,, stronger, faster but were not running the option at that time. If we win this game it will be a huge accomplishment by our team. I was never in the military. You think of Yogi Berra at D-Day on a small ship in close firing rockets at the beach, Jimmy Stewart, Ted Williams. All the younger vets that served in the Middle East and are still there. Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom