Getting up for FIU | The Boneyard

Getting up for FIU

Reaction Score
It’s time to turn the page and come down from our high, build off of the win over Fresno but we better not just think we can just show up and not have to earn this win.

FIU is not good we should beat them, let’s not act like we’re all of the sudden world beaters ourselves. Every week is different. This is road game at 7 which I’m personally not a fan of it means your sitting around the hotel all day, rather then get up go to the stadium and play if it were a day game.

The way we were fired up to play Fresno I guarantee you FIU will have that same energy. Like I said FIU isn’t good, it’s highly unlikely we see the FIU team that lost 73-0 to Western Kentucky they did win last week so they have improved. Watch for trick plays onside kick to start game or half. Remember the Umass game last year we felt great going in then they punched us in the mouth, don’t let that happen.

Let’s get off to a good start and take care of business.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see more possessions like the last TD drive they had at the end of the Fresno game. If they can continue to improve and make plays like that, they can win this one with the defense playing above and beyond what was expected of them.

Reaction Score
This is road game at 7 which I’m personally not a fan of it means your sitting around the hotel all day, rather then get up go to the stadium and play if it were a day game.
With all due respect, do you really think JM or any other coach would have the team just sitting around the hotel all day? Or do you mean as a fan going to the game?
They will get up and breakfast together and then the day of last minute film study and individual units will be gone over again.
Possible workout on a local field if available. There is no way they will be just hanging out in a hotel all day.
This and they get to the field hours before game time and work out.
Hoping for a good game and also hope you can overcome your fear of 7:00 games.

Reaction Score
With all due respect, do you really think JM or any other coach would have the team just sitting around the hotel all day? Or do you mean as a fan going to the game?
They will get up and breakfast together and then the day of last minute film study and individual units will be gone over again.
Possible workout on a local field if available. There is no way they will be just hanging out in a hotel all day.
Obviously I meant that as a fan going to the game. I was exaggerating a bit about staying in hotel all day. You are waiting around all day was my point it’s got it’s advantages and disadvantages.

Geno is quoted as saying he would rather play an earlier game on the road then a later game, because you get up and go. It’s human nature to prefer an earlier game on the road and a later game at home. Coaches generally worry more with preparation then players do.

Mora will have us prepared we gotta have that same fire we had against Fresno.

Reaction Score
Not sure if any Huskie fan needs an extra ticket for FIU game. I have an extra ticket available if you want to private message me.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It’s time to turn the page and come down from our high, build off of the win over Fresno but we better not just think we can just show up and not have to earn this win.
Personally I don't see how anyone on our current roster, with what we've done on the field during their time here (whether it's been six games or sixty game) can go into any game believing that all they need to do is show up to win.

Reaction Score
Hopefully the experience they got from playing on the road in Michigan & NC State will serve them well tomorrow night. Those were rough environments against teams that were ridiculously better than us. FIU is right around our level.

Reaction Score
Personally I don't see how anyone on our current roster, with what we've done on the field during their time here (whether it's been six games or sixty game) can go into any game believing that all they need to do is show up to win.
this right here. Celebrate and enjoy the victory of Fresno State the next day. The team should be confident and it will help their play, but to think they can win with ease would be the wrong mindset. HCJM won't allow. Even in his on the field post game interview he emphasized following up with another win.

A loss to FIU puts the fanbase sentiment back to ground zero.

Reaction Score
this right here. Celebrate and enjoy the victory of Fresno State the next day. The team should be confident and it will help their play, but to think they can win with ease would be the wrong mindset. HCJM won't allow. Even in his on the field post game interview he emphasized following up with another win.

A loss to FIU puts the fanbase sentiment back to ground zero.
The team as well. As coach Mora said, they need to be able handle success. This game will help them learn how to do it.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Just want to see our passing game get a little more active. Hoping Turner can build off his passing of that last drive. Take away that long pass and he was getting quick releases on slants and being very successful.

Also hope Turner doesn't get a little nervous and feel he needs to do too much because he's playing in front of a lot of family and friends.

Reaction Score
Just want to see our passing game get a little more active. Hoping Turner can build off his passing of that last drive. Take away that long pass and he was getting quick releases on slants and being very successful.

Also hope Turner doesn't get a little nervous and feel he needs to do too much because he's playing in front of a lot of family and friends.
Another week of practice and maybe we see a little progress in how ZT reacts to pressure and reads his routes. Expecting a heavy run game but we need to have a few plays mapped out to burn them when they start crowding the box. Baby steps could be enough here. Just play smart and don't crack on special teams. Could be a big game for the OL.

Getting ready to head down soon :) Go Huskies!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom