Getting to the rim | The Boneyard

Getting to the rim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you asked me about my biggest overestimation this year it was the ability of our guards (and Daniel Hamilton) to get to the foul line. Our best teams over the last 10 years have had multiple players who drew significant fouls. From the Final Four teams alone you had AJ, Dyson, Kemba, Napier, etc. who drew fouls and got the team consistently into the bonus. I thought the same would be a real strength this year and on top of that was expecting excellent free throw shooting

In hindsight, I hadn't seen Gibbs enough to know he rarely drew fouls in the half court. On top of that, Hamilton was remarkably poor at drawing contact despite the constant pressure he put on defenders and I think Rodney was gun-shy about attacking the rim when he started so slowly at the foul line.

Adams briefly switched the script late in the season but my hope is that Gilbert's penetration in addition to Adams and a more aggressive Hamilton/Purvis tandem next year will get us back to the line on a consistent basis and if they do they will be playing more than a weekend in 2017 tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34
Top Bottom