Getting to a NY Liberty Game from CT | The Boneyard

Getting to a NY Liberty Game from CT

Reaction Score
Was thinking of going to a NY Liberty game (and visiting the city too if it's somewhat open) this summer. In the past, I took the train from Hartford or New Haven directly to Penn Station / Madison Square Garden. Can anyone give advice / guidance on the best way to get to the Barclay center? Train then subway, or just walk a few blocks, or such? I'm not familiar with the stadium or where it is. Thanks in advance!

Reaction Score
Barclays has it's own subway access. Just find the subway route that leads to there from around the Grand Central terminal. Very easy stuff.

Reaction Score
Was thinking of going to a NY Liberty game (and visiting the city too if it's somewhat open) this summer. In the past, I took the train from Hartford or New Haven directly to Penn Station / Madison Square Garden. Can anyone give advice / guidance on the best way to get to the Barclay center? Train then subway, or just walk a few blocks, or such? I'm not familiar with the stadium or where it is. Thanks in advance!
From Penn Station take the #2 or #3 train to Atlantic Ave/Barclay Center. From Grand Central Station take the #4 train to Atlantic Ave/Barclay Center.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
What about driving? Is there a reasonably priced parking option near Barclay's Center?

Reaction Score
What about driving? Is there a reasonably priced parking option near Barclay's Center?
I don't know for sure, but IIRC from the last time I visited the city, it might be like $20 per hour to park. Plus the headache of driving thru city streets. So was leaning towards train (although I should check prices there too, maybe you are right). So yeah, I will look into that too.

And thanks everyone else too!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Barclays has it's own subway access. Just find the subway route that leads to there from around the Grand Central terminal. Very easy stuff.
Easy maybe but it's pretty long ride isn't it? 45 min?

Reaction Score
Easy maybe but it's pretty long ride isn't it? 45 min?
Not that long. The #2 and #3 trains run express. Station to station would be about 25 minutes. Of course there's the time spent going to the subway stop and waiting for the 2 or 3. At rush hour, 35 minutes total.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Expect to pay around $40 for parking.
And bridge tolls each way.

Driving to Brooklyn is about 2 1/2 hours each way and you can park safely on the street. Train time is about 4 hours door-to-door.

Having said that, if time isn’t a big constraint, I prefer the train; Amtrak to Penn Station and subway to Brooklyn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom