Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Uconn did the following to SMU:

• Basically shot 50-40-90 as a team.
  • Five double-digit scorers to two
  • Doubled SMU up in assists, got four times as many steals, and five times as many blocks.
  • Uconn had just about half as many turnovers and were +14 in rebounding.
Now, THIS is how you beat an opponent by 50+. Can we do it 20 more times in a row through early April???

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
A favorite Mark Twain quote is apropos: 'I'm pushing sixty, that's quite enough exercise for me!'
And another from an unknown source: 'Growing old is compulsory; growing up is optional!'

My age and condition gives me license to express similar thoughts. Among them:

"There are three phases in life: when you're young; when you're mature; and when friends tell you how good you look." ;)

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
A favorite Mark Twain quote is apropos: 'I'm pushing sixty, that's quite enough exercise for me!'
And another from an unknown source: 'Growing old is compulsory; growing up is optional!'

My favorite old age Twain - "Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Reaction Score

• Doubled SMU up in assists, got four times as many steals, and five times as many blocks.
Now, THIS is how you beat an opponent by 50+. Can we do it 20 more times in a row through early April???
DID THEY GET HOME OK?

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Of all the insane metrics which characterize UConn's dynastic greatness, owning the 3 longest winning streaks in one's sport of endeavor spells success the likes of which will never be seen again! God bless you Geno and thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Reaction Score
My favorite old age Twain - "Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."
I tried that, but I think I missed where you stay at 18. Heading back to 80.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score

For the record, this call turned out incorrect. Nothing wrong with that, but to every UConn fan's delight, we got to 75 in style.

It's not like there's no talent on the forthcoming season, but to win another 15 or 16 in a row will be unfathomably difficult. Maya got UConn another 12 in a row in 2010 after Tina graduated, but who picks up the slack to start next season on what is, for all intents and purposes, a new streak (that actually would extend the existing one) without the top three picks in the WNBA draft?

I've enjoyed the hell out of 90, 75, and 70 in a row in any case. And 47 in a row wasn't bad either

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It's not like there's no talent on the forthcoming season, but to win another 15 or 16 in a row will be unfathomably difficult. Maya got UConn another 12 in a row in 2010 after Tina graduated, but who picks up the slack to start next season on what is, for all intents and purposes, a new streak (that actually would extend the existing one) without the top three picks in the WNBA draft?

Looooooooooooooouuuuuuuu!

maxresdefault.jpg

Reaction Score

yes

Reaction Score
My age and condition gives me license to express similar thoughts. Among them:

"There are three phases in life: when you're young; when you're mature; and when friends tell you how good you look." ;)
Then there is ---what a pretty baby---and----doesn't he look natural? Phases of REAL life.

I was a fixin ta skedaddle down yonder a lookin far my kin's least youngun but the truk wont start. I axed a meck in ec but he hadda make a visit to the paper readin house and he done run otta Sears. If-in ya sees it--give a hollar down the hollar-and I'l bezz in the run a fishin.

Reaction Score
I tried that, but I think I missed where you stay at 18. Heading back to 80.
I like the current process---1 to 99 (maybe). All the real fun was in the learning along the way. There were lots of times along the way when I could have used the experience of 80 with the energy of 30.

Reaction Score
For the record, this call turned out incorrect. Nothing wrong with that, but to every UConn fan's delight, we got to 75 in style.

I've enjoyed the hell out of 90, 75, and 70 in a row in any case. And 47 in a row wasn't bad either

I've learned to : Never say never. Just when you think Uconn is down to it's knees--they surprise you. However we have negative surprises too.
Since reaching 90 is an ego trip -- and I have no money or emotions in the game--I'll be among those just thrilled to see how good these young women can take what Geno and Christine gives them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom