OT: Get Your Lynn Swann Autographs here... | The Boneyard

OT: Get Your Lynn Swann Autographs here...

Reaction Score
LMAO: USC’s Lynn Swann spends a Saturday in Virginia signing autographs for money

>>Along with Randy Moss, Emmitt Smith and the actor who played the unmasked variation of mass murderer Jason Voorhees in the horror film “Friday the 13th Part 2,” Swann was among more than a dozen sports and entertainment celebrities who appeared Saturday at a memorabilia show held in the suburbs of the nation’s capital.

Dressed in black, Swann sat behind a folding card table inside a drab, fluorescent-lit exhibition hall for nearly two hours — laughing and smiling, shaking hands and posing for pictures, making small talk and paying extra attention to a toddler in a Pittsburgh Steelers onesie.

Mostly, Swann signed stuff, running his Sharpie across football helmets and jerseys and red seats rescued from Pittsburgh’s demolished Three Rivers Stadium, over and over again, all for fans and collectors who paid $220 and up for the privilege.<<

Reaction Score
He should sign a picture of that chiseling pass interference call he drew against Bennie Barnes in Super Bowl XIII. But I'm not bitter.

Much.

Reaction Score
In 1994, I was at the Roosevelt Hotel in New York (Star Trek convention). Over in a quiet corner was a small table with a single person behind it. A card on the table read "Scott Carpenter." Scott was, for a few hours on May 24th of 1962, one of the most famous men on the planet. Well not exactly "on" the planet. He rode a Mercury Capsule three times around the world and became the first American to eat solid food in space. Thirty-two years later he landed at that small table selling his autograph for $20 bucks a pop. I shook his hand but didn't spring for the autograph. I felt sad. So I never begrudge what some folks have to do make a litttle money or hold onto the glory for just a bit longer.

Reaction Score
In 1994, I was at the Roosevelt Hotel in New York (Star Trek convention). Over in a quiet corner was a small table with a single person behind it. A card on the table read "Scott Carpenter." Scott was, for a few hours on May 24th of 1962, one of the most famous men on the planet. Well not exactly "on" the planet. He rode a Mercury Capsule three times around the world and became the first American to eat solid food in space. Thirty-two years later he landed at that small table selling his autograph for $20 bucks a pop. I shook his hand but didn't spring for the autograph. I felt sad. So I never begrudge what some folks have to do make a litttle money or hold onto the glory for just a bit longer.

Correct

Reaction Score
People make money off their signatures. They have every right to protect their self worth.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom