OT: - Get on board or the season is over - Young Harris College | The Boneyard

OT: Get on board or the season is over - Young Harris College

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Intermittently (especially in the off-season), we’ve had discussions on program culture, coaching changes, and the shift in student athlete mentality in the last decade or so

So, here, we have a school, Young Harris College (very north central Gerogia along the GA/N.C. border), that is backing a coach to the point where they were willing to cancel the season to change the culture and make a point. Get on board or don’t, but the athletes aren’t going to run the show. (It should be noted that no one has filed a complaint against the coach.)

Thoughts?

Reaction Score
As long as the new coach attempted to work with the athletes and hear them out, it is his right to set the rules. The ultimatum likely turned out best because as the saying goes, "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."

Where would the UConn WBB program be today if Geno and CD didn't establish and control the team culture?

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
"Where would the UConn WBB program be today if Geno and CD didn't establish and control the team culture?"

And there was some friction early on. If I remember correctly several players left the team soon after Auriemma took over.

Reaction Score
As long as the new coach attempted to work with the athletes and hear them out, it is his right to set the rules. The ultimatum likely turned out best because as the saying goes, "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."

Where would the UConn WBB program be today if Geno and CD didn't establish and control the team culture?
Great poetic analogy, JavaMan

Reaction Score
"Where would the UConn WBB program be today if Geno and CD didn't establish and control the team culture?"

And there was some friction early on. If I remember correctly several players left the team soon after Auriemma took over.
And some of them continue to leave but I don't recall that anyone of them ever made a splash in the pond they swam over to.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

I would think there had to be some effort made on the coach’s part or the culture he inherited was just toxic. It would be interesting to hear what the players say.

Didn't know Georgia borders North Carolina and I lived there :p

That corner of NC is gorgeous. 10/10.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom