OT: Gervonta Davis vs Santa Cruz | The Boneyard

OT: Gervonta Davis vs Santa Cruz

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
By far one of the ugliest KO’s I’ve seen in a very very very long time!!

Fighting, the only time you want to keep your chin down.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Yeah a great shot by Tank.
Although not as good a match up as people made it out to be, as Lopez pointed out after beating Loma. Tanks taking a page from the Mayweather playbook. Ie fight a big name that doesn't have much chance of beating you.
Santa Cruz is naturally much lighter and was very unlikely to be able to hang in 12 rounds with Tank.

Tanks power in both hands is unique and no joke.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Recruits Rahsool Diggins and Jordan Hawkins seem to be big Gervonta Davis fans, based on their Instagrams

Reaction Score
It was a good fight. Santa Cruz touched Davis. But power is power.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm relaxed plenty. All good wanted clarification, all I ever heard of anything about him was on showtime interviews.

Reaction Score
Classic bolo floor to ceiling left hook.povetkins short left was pretty good too on white last month.white dropped like a tree.watched the usyk fight live thought it was very entertaining.usyk dragged him into deep water and abused him the last six rnds.in real time his punches didn't look like much but in slow mo he was getting jacked,pretty impressive considering he was giving up 45 lbs.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Lot of boxing fans in here. Ever since I started watching MMA, I stopped following boxing.

Reaction Score
I watch both.but am more into boxing. Why do people always bring up these athletes personal life. I care about his boxing ONLY. How he conducts himself in his personal life is his business. There’s consequences in life. That’s that. And regarding Usyk, he looked terrible to me. There is no way he beats the top heavyweight guys looking like that.

Reaction Score
First, what a KO.

I'm hearing crowd roars. Is that a live crowd or piped in?
Fight was moved to TX from a bubble at Mohegan Sun in order to have fans, Alamodome was opened up for 10k, they had 9k in there.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
2 different sports, I can appreciate MMA, boxing, kickboxing/muay thai, they all offer different things.

I follow MMA much closer than boxing, but I’m surprised that kickboxing didn’t become more popular in the US.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Very nice shot by Davis. The thing that bothers me about Gervonta is how, for such a talented fighter, he refuses to test himself. Reminds me of how Canelo was for a while. Always the bigger guy that used his youth to cut weight and then come in a ballooned weight to just beat up on everybody. Obviously not the case with him anymore as he does not shy away from a challenge. I just hope Gervonta can see that challenging himself will only garner more fans when he is able to showcase his punching ability.

I know Usyk had nothing more to prove at the Cruiserweight class, but I just do not see him translating to a high end HW champ. He was never a one punch guy and always used the accumulation of punches, preciseness, and movement to his advantage. The extra weight he has put on to become a HW also does not look like it added any power. I would have expected to see his legs get a little thicker to give him more torque and pop but that does not appear to be the case. I think he will ultimately be a gatekeeper at the HW division and unless you are a very technical or have Wilder like power he will be tough to get out of there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom