OT: Gervonta Davis vs Santa Cruz | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Gervonta Davis vs Santa Cruz

Reaction Score
Yeah a great shot by Tank.
Although not as good a match up as people made it out to be, as Lopez pointed out after beating Loma. Tanks taking a page from the Mayweather playbook. Ie fight a big name that doesn't have much chance of beating you.
Santa Cruz is naturally much lighter and was very unlikely to be able to hang in 12 rounds with Tank.

Tanks power in both hands is unique and no joke.
Agree. I didnt even watch the fight till after on YT. Not paying a scent to watch him cherry pick like Floyd. Tanks a good fighter but hes not beating Haney,Lopez,Garcia or Loma. The kid i see becoming the cream of the crop is Shakur Stevenson. That kid is just special.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Very nice shot by Davis. The thing that bothers me about Gervonta is how, for such a talented fighter, he refuses to test himself. Reminds me of how Canelo was for a while. Always the bigger guy that used his youth to cut weight and then come in a ballooned weight to just beat up on everybody. Obviously not the case with him anymore as he does not shy away from a challenge. I just hope Gervonta can see that challenging himself will only garner more fans when he is able to showcase his punching ability.

I know Usyk had nothing more to prove at the Cruiserweight class, but I just do not see him translating to a high end HW champ. He was never a one punch guy and always used the accumulation of punches, preciseness, and movement to his advantage. The extra weight he has put on to become a HW also does not look like it added any power. I would have expected to see his legs get a little thicker to give him more torque and pop but that does not appear to be the case. I think he will ultimately be a gatekeeper at the HW division and unless you are a very technical or have Wilder like power he will be tough to get out of there.
Very much agree on both points, especially Usyk. The media is trying to build him up as a force in the heavyweight division because of his skill but hard to see him being able to do anything against those top 3 guys.

Reaction Score
Agree. I didnt even watch the fight till after on YT. Not paying a scent to watch him cherry pick like Floyd. Tanks a good fighter but hes not beating Haney,Lopez,Garcia or Loma. The kid i see becoming the cream of the crop is Shakur Stevenson. That kid is just special.
[/
QUOTE]
Don’t know why I’m wasting my time but didn’t Floyd beat everyone he fought?

Reaction Score

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score

Floyd was notorious for waiting until his perceived toughest tests were just past their prime before he would fight them. Not saying they would have beat Floyd, but that always frustrated me about him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom