Georgia Tech has Top 4 Class | The Boneyard

Georgia Tech has Top 4 Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Georgia Tech - Link

Winning the ACC has gotten tougher with Georgia Tech's signings. However, Duke still leads the way as they got elite players that are difference makers.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Glad to see Georgia Tech making some noise. I really enjoyed watching them play last year.

Reaction Score
Go Jackets! Unfortuately, the students and Georgia residents will probably still not support the women's team.

Then again, there may be some excitement over a top 5 recruiting class and a completely remodeled area. GT is replacing the Alexander Memorial Colliseum with the McCamish Pavilion.

Last year when we were moving my son out of his dorm, the old Alexander Memorial Colliseum was just a skeleton. All the exterior walls were gone - you could see all the way through it.

I can't wait to see the progress they have made when we take our semi-annual trek to Atlanta to move him out yet again.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Still don't understand why Georgia or Georgia Tech can't get the elite Georgia HS players to stay in State and play for one of them. Both have good programs that have the potential to become an elite program.

IMHO its time for Andy to move on, like it is for Sylvia at UNC.

Reaction Score
Still don't understand why Georgia or Georgia Tech can't get the elite Georgia HS players to stay in State and play for one of them. Both have good programs that have the potential to become an elite program.

IMHO its time for Andy to move on, like it is for Sylvia at UNC.
Georgia Tech has pretty high admission standards. And the academics are very rigorous. Their academics are heavily engineering, computer science and other sciences, no so much liberal arts or "Communications" type majors that a lot of scholarship athletes like to major in. I can't imagine it is an easy place to study and play.

UGA[sic] not so much (based on rankings and my Yellow Jacket son, who despises and ridicules all things UGAg.). They have more of the liberal arts type majors, so that is the bigger mystery to me.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Georgia Tech - Link

Winning the ACC has gotten tougher with Georgia Tech's signings. However, Duke still leads the way as they got elite players that are difference makers.

Keep in mind that Georgia Tech's class is top four by one service (Collegiate Basketball News Report).

Here are the other services' rankings of Georgia Tech's class:
ASGR - #8 (ranking includes Newton's commitment)
Blue Star - #15 (ranking before Newton's commitment; class has not been re-ranked)
ESPN/Hoopgurlz - #11 (ranking before Newton's commitment; class has not been re-ranked)

Reaction Score
I don't particularly buy into these new recruit class ratings. They seem to be based on individual players abilities. They do not show in anyway the abilities of the individuals to play together with others as a team. Look at the recent draft, Tenn. having 2 or 3 players going in the first round & yet these players never making it to the ' Final Four.' Blaming on it on the coaching is a 'yes & no ' for me.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I don't particularly buy into these new recruit class ratings. They seem to be based on individual players abilities. They do not show in anyway the abilities of the individuals to play together with others as a team. Look at the recent draft, Tenn. having 2 or 3 players going in the first round & yet these players never making it to the ' Final Four.' Blaming on it on the coaching is a 'yes & no ' for me.

How in the world could anyone predict how well players will play together? Sometimes you have chemistry, sometime you don't.

Reaction Score
Geno seems to have the best batting average when he considers the respective team play for a individual recruit. More hits and home runs than strikes out. He & CD have a good formula & intuition for success regarding recruiting.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Let me clarify. How would any agency such as Blue Star be able to tell how players will mesh? Coaches probably can get some idea but rating agencies have no idea.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Let me clarify. How would any agency such as Blue Star be able to tell how players will mesh? Coaches probably can get some idea but rating agencies have no idea.

This is a point I have raised several times, especially when looking back at rankings one or two years later (and posters thinking a player was "overrated" or "ranked too high"). Evaluators have different sets of criteria, but in general, they evaluate individual basketball skillsets, performances against elite competition, performance within a team environment, and some allowance for potential. Now, an evaluator may mark down a player who appears to be selfish or who demonstrates attitude/behavioral issues on the court (though it is rare in women's basketball, some men's scouting services will list "maturity" as an "area of improvement" for a recruit). But there is no way to discern how well a recruit will perform for a certain coach or with her college teammates when evaluating them at a high school level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom