Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Head bang Game is blacked out in my area bs.gif bs.gif bs.gif

Reaction Score
Got a close one here. 17-16 Duke with 6:26 left in half

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
The announcers have it right that this is a talented Duke Team, they just fail to mention they are under coached and underachieving at 10-9 and 4-4 in a very pedestrian ACC this year. This team should be vying for the title with Louisville and NC State. 3 of the ACC losses are terrible (Wake, UVA and Clemson). Maybe they can make a run now but only if it doesn’t cause the Duke AD to extend McCallie otherwise we may hear the screaming from @triaddukefan all the way up here in the Nutmeg State...

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I am on record has having voted for Duke this game! I'm a blueliever :)

We were talking about this on a separate thread, but Duke has played a great SOS and actually has a very legit shot at an at-large bid if they can win enough games like this one. RPI was #44 coming into this game, will only rise after beating a good Georgia Tech team.

Edit to add: Duke's RPI is now at #37, per Warren Nolan.
Georgia Tech now on a 3-game skid, RPI has fallen out of the top 50. They need to bounce back in a big way.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
58-46 Duke final

Gorecki 18 pts, 4 reb, 3 ast, 3 stl

Reaction Score
The announcers have it right that this is a talented Duke Team, they just fail to mention they are under coached and underachieving at 10-9 and 4-4 in a very pedestrian ACC this year. This team should be vying for the title with Louisville and NC State. 3 of the ACC losses are terrible (Wake, UVA and Clemson). Maybe they can make a run now but only if it doesn’t cause the Duke AD to extend McCallie otherwise we may hear the screaming from @triaddukefan all the way up here in the Nutmeg State...

Pedestrian compared to what or whom? Just because historical ACC powers are down does not mean the ACC is not good. 7 ACC teams in top 50 RPI, tied with PAC-12.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Pedestrian compared to what or whom? Just because historical ACC powers are down does not mean the ACC is not good. 7 ACC teams in top 50 RPI, tied with PAC-12.
Well, let's see, RPI has the ACC the 5th of the P5, while the PAC12 is #1. I see only 6 ACC schools in the top 50:
#3 Louisville 20-1 Massey #5
#16 Florida St 17-3 Massey #20
#19 NC State 19-1 Massey #7
#26 Virginia Tech 15-4 Massey #29
#34 Virginia 8-12 Massey #64 (not logical to compare this team to anyone in PAC12)
#36 Duke 11-9 Massey #48 (this record is close to the bubble)

The PAC12 has 7
#2 Oregon 17-2 M-#3
#5 Stanford 18-2 M-#6
#6 UCLA 18-1 M-#8
#13 Oregon St 16-7 M-#11
#27 Arizona St 15-5 M-#22
#33 Arizona 16-3 M-#16
#43 Colorado 14-5 M-#42

The conference is NOT good by any logic you want to apply compared the other P5 and top 2 or teams in the conference and for you to suggest otherwise by mentioning this in the same breath as the PAC12 is sheer bias. After Louisville, who has not played anyone in the top 25 RPI other than Oregon, none of the ACC teams worry anyone for making a Final Four or even an elite 8.

Sorry if your feelings are hurt. The evidence just shows "meh" this year. The only "traditional powers" down is ND while the rest of the league slots about the same as the past. It is lacking significant top talent when compared to the rest of the P5, even worse than the Big12, yikes...

Reaction Score
Well, let's see, RPI has the ACC the 5th of the P5, while the PAC12 is #1. I see only 6 ACC schools in the top 50:
#3 Louisville 20-1 Massey #5
#16 Florida St 17-3 Massey #20
#19 NC State 19-1 Massey #7
#26 Virginia Tech 15-4 Massey #29
#34 Virginia 8-12 Massey #64 (not logical to compare this team to anyone in PAC12)
#36 Duke 11-9 Massey #48 (this record is close to the bubble)

The PAC12 has 7
#2 Oregon 17-2 M-#3
#5 Stanford 18-2 M-#6
#6 UCLA 18-1 M-#8
#13 Oregon St 16-7 M-#11
#27 Arizona St 15-5 M-#22
#33 Arizona 16-3 M-#16
#43 Colorado 14-5 M-#42

The conference is NOT good by any logic you want to apply compared the other P5 and top 2 or teams in the conference and for you to suggest otherwise by mentioning this in the same breath as the PAC12 is sheer bias. After Louisville, who has not played anyone in the top 25 RPI other than Oregon, none of the ACC teams worry anyone for making a Final Four or even an elite 8.

Sorry if your feelings are hurt. The evidence just shows "meh" this year. The only "traditional powers" down is ND while the rest of the league slots about the same as the past. It is lacking significant top talent when compared to the rest of the P5, even worse than the Big12, yikes...
How many ACC teams do you believe will make the NCAA tournament?

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
After Louisville, who has not played anyone in the top 25 RPI other than Oregon, none of the ACC teams worry anyone for making a Final Four or even an elite 8.

NC State would disagree with this condescending statement. We'll just have to let the games play out and the outcomes speak for themselves.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
NC State would disagree with this condescending statement. We'll just have to let the games play out and the outcomes speak for themselves.
Hey, I am rooting for you but given your soft OOC ranked 181 and middling game results thus far, I am not convinced your are an Elite 8 team. Don't characterize me as condescending but more dubious until you actually play and win these next crucial ACC games against Duke, VPI, Louisville and Georgia Tech.

I really do like Wes, Cunnane, Konig and Jones but be serious that the results don't display a dominant top 8 team up to this point. Splitting two games with a short benched NC team is worrisome.

Reaction Score
Hey, I am rooting for you but given your soft OOC ranked 181 and middling game results thus far, I am not convinced your are an Elite 8 team. Don't characterize me as condescending but more dubious until you actually play and win these next crucial ACC games against Duke, VPI, Louisville and Georgia Tech.

I really do like Wes, Cunnane, Konig and Jones but be serious that the results don't display a dominant top 8 team up to this point. Splitting two games with a short benched NC team is worrisome.

To say NC State has no shot at making an elite 8 is irrational at best.

Reaction Score

giphy.gif

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

You should know good and well what kind of games those are :rolleyes: There are no fiercer games than between the Flagship Public school vs the Land Grant school in all the states that have both. Doesnt matter the sport.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
You should know good and well what kind of games those are :rolleyes: There are no fiercer games than between the Flagship Public school vs the Land Grant school in all the states that have both. Doesnt matter the sport.
Me thinks you're posturing for upcoming games against a certain Flagship Public school to ease the pain if the mighty Blue Devils were to lose...just a thought :cool: (is this a Carolina Blue?)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom