Georgia offensive line vs Alabama defensive line should be fun to watch. | The Boneyard

Georgia offensive line vs Alabama defensive line should be fun to watch.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Alabama made Clemson's OLine look like UConn's under PP and BD.

Sure, Alabama's DLine is ridiculously quick but it took Bama all of two series to realize Clemson couldn't handle them helmet on helmet. The strength difference was alarming.

Reaction Score
I thought the same of Georgia's oline against Oklahoma. You could have driven a car through those holes they opened up

Reaction Score
Alabama D was key to that game. Just a fantastic sound defense with great players.

Looking foward to the game.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I actually get excited watching Alabama play defense. It’s good for the sport.

Reaction Score
I actually get excited watching Alabama play defense. It’s good for the sport.
Their Dline is unlike any in CFB. Legit tree trunk, agile, thick triceps having monsters. Year after year they all look the same.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The real difference maker is on the other side of the ball. Georgia has had a dominant D all year. OU made them look ordinary, but that's the best offense in the country. Alabama doesn't have much going on on offense. I think Georgia is the better overall team, and has been all year.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Alabama made Clemson's OLine look like UConn's under PP and BD.

Sure, Alabama's DLine is ridiculously quick but it took Bama all of two series to realize Clemson couldn't handle them helmet on helmet. The strength difference was alarming.

Saban has been running quite the "strength program" for some years now. There is likely a correlation as well, to why his players become very average in the NFL.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Saban has been running quite the "strength program" for some years now. There is likely a correlation as well, to why his players become very average in the NFL.

Implication that there is something being done at the college level that can't be done at the NFL level?

There is a line of thought that says the requirements for a player to earn and keep playing time at Alabama are so strenuous that players are already breaking down by the time they come to the NFL.

Reaction Score
Also - everyone was healthy - they had a bunch of injuries on D for the 2nd half. Another month gives people time to heal.

Don't think this Bama team loses to Auburn.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Implication that there is something being done at the college level that can't be done at the NFL level?

There is a line of thought that says the requirements for a player to earn and keep playing time at Alabama are so strenuous that players are already breaking down by the time they come to the NFL.

Yes, that is my implication. I know from players that played under him at LSU that his players have tacit support to do "whatever" they have to do to help the team win. There was also that "deer antler spray" stuff that never really got a look.

ETA: At Bama, you can control the testing environment far better that a player can in the NFL.

Reaction Score
Also - everyone was healthy - they had a bunch of injuries on D for the 2nd half. Another month gives people time to heal.

Don't think this Bama team loses to Auburn.
Those 2 lines are dominant. Should be fun.
no interest in another SEC conference game. Numbers are going to be way down outside of the trailer parks.

Reaction Score
no interest in another SEC conference game. Numbers are going to be way down outside of the trailer parks.

Agreed - I won't watch. To me it would be like the Yankees playing an intra-squad game.

Reaction Score
You're all watching or at least peeking. I don't like it, thought Bama should have been left out for failing to win their division, but these are the rules. Two SEC teams may expedite playoff chances.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Or so we're instructed to believe.

How can it be argued these ren't 2 great teams? One just beat the best offense in the country, and the other pounded the defending National Champion ACC winners. I get not being interested, but it is hard to take any argument that these 2 teams don't belong there seriously.

Reaction Score
You're all watching or at least peeking. I don't like it, thought Bama should have been left out for failing to win their division, but these are the rules. Two SEC teams may expedite playoff chances.

I will peek and if UGA is up I will tune in (I lied) - don't want to see Bama win again. Because it sets a precedent for them to be in no matter what happens in their conference.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I will peek and if UGA is up I will tune in (I lied) - don't want to see Bama win again. Because it sets a precedent for them to be in no matter what happens in their conference.

Did you feel the same way about OSU last year.

I felt both years neither OSU or Bama belonged.

Reaction Score
Did you feel the same way about OSU last year.

I felt both years neither OSU or Bama belonged.

Yes - even though I'm a B1G supporter. I rooted for them in the game, but they shouldn't have been there.

Reaction Score
This could be the most boring CG since LSU v Alabama a few years ago. Tree trunks bashing other tree trunks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom