Georgetown Scouting Report | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Georgetown Scouting Report

Reaction Score
Akok at the Charleston Classic.
We spoke with him for a couple minutes and he really is a great kid. We all hope for the best for him but he needed to go to a school with a good coaching staff. A staff able to best develop and use his skills. That staff is not at Georgetown.
1671390240192.png

Reaction Score
Akok at the Charleston Classic.
We spoke with him for a couple minutes and he really is a great kid. We all hope for the best for him but he needed to go to a school with a good coaching staff. A staff able to best develop and use his skills. That staff is not at Georgetown.
View attachment 82070
At least Akok will get a degree from a great school, that's my consolation of the whole situation there. Kid has a heart of gold and I wish the best for him always.

Reaction Score
I like Akok and wish him well. Truth is he would be maybe the 8th best player on our roster if he stayed. I think Georgetown sticks around for 10minutes and then it’s a runaway.
& that 8th is generous IMO

Reaction Score
& that 8th is generous IMO
8th best is definitely generous. Akok is no fool. He practiced with Karaban since mid last year and knew there was no place for him in this year's rotation. It was smart to transfer, but he chose the wrong school, for basketball at least.

Reaction Score
Hoping for a nice game from Newton here. Would like to see him dominate the backcourt matchup and getting his game going similar to Alleyne against LIU. Will need him to play steady and aggressive while limiting turnovers for us to keep on rolling.

Reaction Score
I know it’s true, but I somehow also can’t figure out how Ewing has been at Georgetown for a year longer than Hurley has been at UConn. How is everyone where they are at?

These breaks have me catching up on some very important game related info, such as, I think BE coaches, generally, are working a 7-4 no suit to suit stat. Also, I think an opportunity was missed when Akok Akok and Ali Ali did not decide to transfer to the same school to play together.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"Scare"? This game absolutely does not scare me and it shouldn't scare any of us.

Maybe "temper our expectations" is a lot more realistic if you want to go that route.
Doesn’t scare me either. Complacency, on the other hand, does.

Reaction Score
Hoping for a nice game from Newton here. Would like to see him dominate the backcourt matchup and getting his game going similar to Alleyne against LIU. Will need him to play steady and aggressive while limiting turnovers for us to keep on rolling.
Hopefully the coaches will run plays for him as they did for Alleyne but the key to his early season scoring was his drives leading to fouls.

5 or more FTA's in six of the first eight games, including 14 for 17 against Buffalo and 9 for 12 against Stonehill, but two or less FTA's in the other six, including 0 against Florida and OK St, and one against Delaware St.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Hopefully the coaches will run plays for him as they did for Alleyne but the key to his early season scoring was his drives leading to fouls.

5 or more FTA's in six of the first eight games, including 14 for 17 against Buffalo and 9 for 12 against Stonehill, but two or less FTA's in the other six, including 0 against Florida and OK St, and one against Delaware St.
Decluttering via free throws, for sure.

It's easy to forget that he was 2-9 from the field in the first half of the triple-double game against Buffalo.

Reaction Score
Everybody is discounting Georgetown, (including me),
I really hope the team doesn't relax
They hear all the talk the team is best.
They hear all the talk Georgetown sucks
They all want to go someplace to enjoy christmas
This is a classic trap game

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
G'town has suffered a lot of injuries this season but are getting healthier. The gave us all we could handle at home, so clearly we are doomed, DOOMED for sure!

Reaction Score
Georgetown gave us a game and has lost some very close games to good teams. We better bring it.

Reaction Score
Paging @Hey Adrien! - hope everything is ok!
Oh boy. Hope Hey Adrien! is okay. Need a fresh report.
I'm good thanks!

Figured the original report would suffice with most of the info, but here are a few added conference tidbits:

In conference play, Georgetown ranks WORST in:
  • Overall defensive efficiency
  • 3P% offense AND defense
  • A/FMG offense AND defense
If there's one strength for Georgetown, they are decent at getting to the line (4th best in conference) and preventing teams from getting to the line (3rd best).

Will do smaller updates to original thread for season rematches. With more in depth previews for the tournament :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom