Georgetown is a huge game | The Boneyard

Georgetown is a huge game

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I'll be going down with about 6 others. Need to come away with a win not just to improve the record but for the guys to keep getting confidence. Past two games they've played great. If we come out with the same energy and stay out of foul trouble I like our chances... Big big game

Reaction Score
We just need to keep it up, and keep getting better. Chances of an at-large bid are minuscule unless we nearly run the table, but if we can keep momentum going through the year we'll have our shot in Hartford.

Reaction Score
Not sure anyone's on our team is equipped to guard Pryor. He's way faster than Vance and has good size too. Georgetown has enough troubles that if we just stay efficient on offense we should be fine.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Not sure anyone's on our team is equipped to guard Pryor. He's way faster than Vance and has good size too. Georgetown has enough troubles that if we just stay efficient on offense we should be fine.
And I'm worried about foul trouble. Like the Ohio state game where the refs influenced the outcome greatly

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Eh. We just need conference wins for seeding in AAC tourney at this point.
Lol ok. Make sure To tell Ollie to rest the starters and just play the walkons bc this game doesn't matter

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
This a huge game for the pups. G'Town will not be a pushover, especially playing in their yard. However, I cannot believe the way are guys have played the last two games. Biggest transition from bad to good in a short period of time I have ever seen. Looks like they have been playing together for years.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Eh. We just need conference wins for seeding in AAC tourney at this point.

In terms of our chances to make the tournament yes. In terms of the optics of our struggling program, I disagree entirely. I think it's critical that we send the message that UConn stumbled to start the year, but we are back and taking on all comers.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
In terms of our chances to make the tournament yes. In terms of the optics of our struggling program, I disagree entirely. I think it's critical that we send the message that UConn stumbled to start the year, but we are back and taking on all comers.
It's even more than that. Team is still fragile mentally. A win in the Georgetown game is necessary to continue to build confidence. It's confidence that's been the main ingredient with making the wide open shots vs. the many misses earlier in the season.

Reaction Score

Me too. It's just not a game to get pissed off about if we lose.

Reaction Score
Lol ok. Make sure To tell Ollie to rest the starters and just play the walkons bc this game doesn't matter

Never said it didn't matter to the program, just in terms of our season already pretty much...over, its AAC tourney win or bust, and I'd like to get a buy for the first day. Hey- you get your tickets yet for the tourney??? Got mine the first they went on sale...through the school since ya know, I donate. Were you at the game last night?? I was one of the 6,000 people there at 9 PM on a Wednesday. Great win.

Reaction Score
Haven't won more than 2 in a row all season. Would be nice to get a streak going. Also with @SMU being the next game, would be nice to get the W and avoid possibly 2 L's in a row.

Reaction Score
[
Never said it didn't matter to the program, just in terms of our season already pretty much...over, its AAC tourney win or bust, and I'd like to get a buy for the first day. Hey- you get your tickets yet for the tourney??? Got mine the first they went on sale...through the school since ya know, I donate. Were you at the game last night?? I was one of the 6,000 people there at 9 PM on a Wednesday. Great win.
The thing is it's not AAC tourney or bust at this point. If we lost 2 games between now and the AAC tournament final, and then lost the final, we'd be 20-12 with an RPI in the low 40's, and we would be in unless the bubble is incredibly strong compared to the prior few years. That's obviously not very realistic given our team, but why not root for it to happen when it's still a possibility?

And lol @ "buy" in the tournament. Fitting considering you're always bringing up the amount of money you spend supporting the program.

Reaction Score
[
The thing is it's not AAC tourney or bust at this point. If we lost 2 games between now and the AAC tournament final, and then lost the final, we'd be 20-12 with an RPI in the low 40's, and we would be in unless the bubble is incredibly strong compared to the prior few years. That's obviously not very realistic given our team, but why not root for it to happen when it's still a possibility?

And lol @ "buy" in the tournament. Fitting considering you're always bringing up the amount of money you spend supporting the program.

Years and years! Hope to see you there buddy.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I'll be there +2. Section 108. Verizon Center is an awful college basketball atmosphere, but hopefully the old Big East nostalgia will get the place filled and loud.

Reaction Score
Rodney on Rodney

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
What the hell does that have to do with needing to win Saturday? And our season is not pretty much over wtf. We have plenty of games left that we can salvage the season and make a push. We don't play in the big east anymore so it's doable. This game is bigger than just record wise

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I'll be there +2. Section 108. Verizon Center is an awful college basketball atmosphere, but hopefully the old Big East nostalgia will get the place filled and loud.
Where's the pregame And after party?

Reaction Score
What the hell does that have to do with needing to win Saturday? And our season is not pretty much over wtf. We have plenty of games left that we can salvage the season and make a push. We don't play in the big east anymore so it's doable. This game is bigger than just record wise

You argue for the sake of arguing. It's pretty childish. Of course a win vs GTown would be nice. Simply saying that a loss would not send me into pissed off mode. Conference wins at this point are the most important. For seeding etc. Sure, we could salvage the season as I was so friendly pointed out by someone else, by losing only 2 more games (unrealistic quite frankly) but realistically I'm hoping that we just get enough conference wins for a bye in the 1st round of the AAC tournament. Which is in Hartford, btw. Hartford is in CT. You should buy your tix now.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You argue for the sake of arguing. It's pretty childish. Of course a win vs GTown would be nice. Simply saying that a loss would not send me into pissed off mode. Conference wins at this point are the most important. For seeding etc. Sure, we could salvage the season as I was so friendly pointed out by someone else, by losing only 2 more games (unrealistic quite frankly) but realistically I'm hoping that we just get enough conference wins for a bye in the 1st round of the AAC tournament. Which is in Hartford, btw. Hartford is in CT. You should buy your tix now.

I'll just throw this out: I'm pissed when they lose any game. To anyone. Anywhere. I can understand losing to a ranked team on the road, but I still hate it. I want them to be pissed too. We need to get that swagger back.

Reaction Score
We just need to keep it up, and keep getting better. Chances of an at-large bid are minuscule unless we nearly run the table, but if we can keep momentum going through the year we'll have our shot in Hartford.
That has to be the goal. Peek for the tourney in our backyard.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'll just throw this out: I'm pissed when they lose any game. To anyone. Anywhere. I can understand losing to a ranked team on the road, but I still hate it. I want them to be pissed too. We need to get that swagger back.

76c6581c73680078dafe5ee789c03fa5.gif

Reaction Score
[

Haha...I was just about to post almost the same exact the thing. If we run the table, except for @ Cincinnati and @ SMU, we'll have an RPI of under 50 heading into the conference tournament. Not likely by any means, but we have to try and that starts Saturday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom