Georgetown goes down in 2OT | The Boneyard

Georgetown goes down in 2OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's one loss out of 30+ that they'll play... hardly going to be noticeable in our RPI.

Reaction Score
What it does do is remove some of the luster off of playing them. Still, it's a long season. Maybe it's a blip for them and outsiders will still care about that game when it happens.

Reaction Score
I absolutely hate Georgetown and the NBE and I'm glad they lost. Let's just handle our business and kick their ass in Hartford like we should...easily

Reaction Score
True...but we're still talking about Radford. RPI 150 last year

If you schedule a game with Radford, you automatically get their Winning % and their Opponents' Winning % in your own RPI. That's 75% of the calculation in the game's value. Then you can add 25% by winning the game. (Yes, I realize that home and away are weighted slightly).

Playing a bad team is bad for your RPI, and only slightly better if you beat them. It's not crushing to lose that game.

tl;dr - 75% of the RPI value comes from who the opponent is whether you win or lose.

EDIT: Sorry, but this is a pet peeve of mine... imagine you were playing 2 teams on a neutral floor, one with a great RPI and one with a terrible RPI... there is no difference between going 1-1 while beating the great one and going 1-1 while beating the terrible one. People act like losing to the terrible team would give you a worse RPI... that's not the case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky