OT - George Springer World Series MVP | The Boneyard

OT - George Springer World Series MVP

Reaction Score
I think it's amazing that George Springer who was a New Britain guy and a UConn alum is now the World Series MVP. I think it's such an awesome thing and he's such a quality representative of the Huskies. Soooooo Cooooool!

Reaction Score
I think it's amazing that George Springer who was a New Britain guy and a UConn alum is now the World Series MVP. I think it's such an awesome thing and he's such a quality representative of the Huskies. Soooooo Cooooool!
I can say that I didn't realize what a great athlete and how skilled he was in a variety of sports. The Houston Astros' manager raved about his athleticism.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
A guy-side poster said that UConn should try to arrange for George to come to a big women's game on a visit home and show him some love....a nice TV audience might generate some good vibes for our usually fine baseball team. Standing ovation from the crowd? Zero doubt.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I can say that I didn't realize what a great athlete and how skilled he was in a variety of sports. The Houston Astros' manager raved about his athleticism.
He has about 8-10 great catches in the outfield on YouTube. He's 6'4" and homered twice over 430' in the World Series. No wonder he was the BE POY!

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Great player! Really enjoyed watching him play when UConn came to South Carolina for a baseball Super Regional. He’s respected in Columbia..

Gamecock fans know Springer very well. I’m a dodger fan (Dad is from LA, so I spent summers there with his side) but I quietly rooted for Springer all night.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Great player! Really enjoyed watching him play when UConn came to South Carolina for a baseball Super Regional. He’s respected in Columbia..

Gamecock fans know Springer very well. I’m a dodger fan (Dad is from LA, so I spent summers there with his side) but I quietly rooted for Springer all night.
I knew that UConn played vs. SC. How did that Super Regional go?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The Gamecocks won and then ended up winning the national championship.
Ok, I recall that SC had a very good team for a while and made at least one deep run. Are any of their players in MLB now?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Ok, I recall that SC had a very good team for a while and made at least one deep run. Are any of their players in MLB now?

Yes, Jackie Bradley, Jr. plays for the Red Sox and Jordan Montgomery with the Yankees would be the ones in the Northeast, plus a handful of others.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yes, Jackie Bradley, Jr. plays for the Red Sox and Jordan Montgomery with the Yankees would be the ones in the Northeast, plus a handful of others.
Thanks! My son went to Rice, which won the 2003 CWS. They have dropped off a lot in the past few years. When Rice made the Super Regionals almost every year, I followed college baseball more closely. Lance Berkman and Anthony Rendon were their biggest name stars, about 15 years apart.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom