Geno's mask | The Boneyard

Geno's mask

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
With all the chatter about the women's tourney not (being able to) using the March Madness terminology and logo, do you think Geno wearing a MM mask is a little jab right back at the NCAA? In a prior game, I swear I heard a commentator use the phrase a lot within a short period of time.

Reaction Score
With all the chatter about the women's tourney not (being able to) using the March Madness terminology and logo, do you think Geno wearing a MM mask is a little jab right back at the NCAA? In a prior game, I swear I heard a commentator use the phrase a lot within a short period of time.
I just wish he’s cover his nose more. When it comes to masks, he might be—what’s the word?—oh, uncoachable.

Reaction Score
Geno is Geno. My daughter, who is an emergency room nurse and deals 99% with Covid patients, reports that there is an increasing number of folks coming in with Covid the second time around. Typically much sicker than when they contracted Covid the first time. Geno - we can't afford to lose you twice in one season!

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
And still got COVID? Maybe it hadn’t taken affect yet.
He received his second shot around March 10 or 11th. He tested positive 3 or 4 days after the second vaccination. At this point (3/27) he should have achieved his maximum personal immunity.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Geno is Geno. My daughter, who is an emergency room nurse and deals 99% with Covid patients, reports that there is an increasing number of folks coming in with Covid the second time around. Typically much sicker than when they contracted Covid the first time. Geno - we can't afford to lose you twice in one season!
Really? I hadn’t heard about that, at least to any significant extent.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
And still got COVID? Maybe it hadn’t taken affect yet.
Right. It had only been 4 days after he had his 2nd shot, when he tested positive.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Really? I hadn’t heard about that, at least to any significant extent.
If you are alarmed by the “typically much sicker” consider the context. These are observations in a hospital. The people being observed at worst also went to the hospital the first time or not at all, so that pool of “subjects” will be biased towards “sicker” a second time. People who do not go to the hospital a second time are not part of this observational “study.” They may have gone to the hospital the first time or not. They may have been completely asymptomatic the second time and not even know. Some may even have been asymptomatic both times. They cannot factor into the “study” thus biasing the results.

Most people who get it a second time are not going to be sicker than the first, particularly if they have been vaccinated, but even without. With the exception of cytokine storms (a very real problem with covid ... and some vaccinations), our immune systems do not normally work that way. On the other hand, our reactions to rhinoviruses, the common cold, varies depending on how we are abusing or maintaining our immune systems at the time. If the second time you catch even the common cold you are more stressed, isolated, sedentary, toxic, etc than the first you are going to have worse symptoms.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If you are alarmed by the “typically much sicker” consider the context. These are observations in a hospital. The people being observed at worst also went to the hospital the first time or not at all, so that pool of “subjects” will be biased towards “sicker” a second time. People who do not go to the hospital a second time are not part of this observational “study.” They may have gone to the hospital the first time or not. They may have been completely asymptomatic the second time and not even know. Some may even have been asymptomatic both times. They cannot factor into the “study” thus biasing the results.

Most people who get it a second time are not going to be sicker than the first, particularly if they have been vaccinated, but even without. With the exception of cytokine storms (a very real problem with covid ... and some vaccinations), our immune systems do not normally work that way. On the other hand, our reactions to rhinoviruses, the common cold, varies depending on how we are abusing or maintaining our immune systems at the time. If the second time you catch even the common cold you are more stressed, isolated, sedentary, toxic, etc than the first you are going to have worse symptoms.
I am not alarmed, but was unaware of that phenomenon to any significant extent. Thanks for such a thorough answer!

I am off to google “cytokine storms.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom