Geno's Grille Lives Up To Championship Pedigree | The Boneyard

Geno's Grille Lives Up To Championship Pedigree

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Review: Geno’s Grille lives up to the standard of Auriemma's championship pedigree

Upon being seated, we were immediately offered bread and an artichoke and hummus olive oil dip. Although at first it seemed like a strange combination for a dip, it tasted fantastic and was a great start to the meal.

For an appetizer my family decided on ordering Geno’s meatballs, braised in Geno’s own tomato sauce and garnished with basil. A friend had suggested the meatballs to me prior to the visit and Geno’s delivered. The tomato sauce was filled with flavor and went perfectly with the meatballs, and had me ready for my entrée.

After a great deal of thought on the main course, I finally settled on one of Geno’s specials for the evening, pasta with a three-cheese blend and Italian sausage. The waiter also came with freshly grated Parmesan and cracked pepper to top off the meal. With just one bite filled with each of the three cheeses and the sausage, I was on cloud nine. The pasta special exceeded my expectations and then some. As someone who almost always orders a pasta dish at a restaurant, it takes quite a bit to impress me the way this dish did.

The only regret I had at the end of the night was not trying out the “Montagna,” Geno’s famous dark chocolate cake that serves four to six people. If not for a filling meal, my family and I would have definitely indulged with the cake. Next time, I’ll make sure to save room for dessert and try it out.

Geno’s Grille definitely delivered on all the hype I had heard prior to trying it out, but it was a little pricey for the college student’s budget, as to be expected with a quality restaurant. For that reason, I give it a four out of five stars with a little boost if you go with your parents to help out with the check.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom