Geno's girls: Auriemmas UConn Olympic Pipeline

Discussion in '2016 Summer Olympics' started by MJL243, Aug 5, 2016.

1. MJL243

MJL243

2. bags27

bags27

I don't think I can watch this more than maybe 15-20 times. wow. Maya especially at the end says it all. But while I understand why Stewie wasn't included, but why not Tina?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    Carnac likes this.
  3. geneticrex

geneticrex

Welp, that was excellent.

Carnac likes this.
  4. Gus Mahler

Gus Mahler Popular Composer

Wow, when I think of Taurasi, I don't think of tears. A little tug!

Charles T and bags27 like this.
  5. jimazee

jimazee

Excellent...in more ways than one.

Carnac likes this.
  6. Carnac

Carnac

Well gang, after watching that piece, several things come to mind (that most of us already knew).
    1. If we didn't know before, we do now, why Geno was chosen again to be the women's basketball head coach for 2016.
    2. How much his former players really love, care, respect and revere him. All of them really enjoy and embrace the opportunity to play for him once again.

I'm sure he feels the same way about them. No matter what they do or where they go, they will ALWAYS be his girls. Those of you that have been teachers /coaches at any point in your life, know what I'm talking about. If you see one of your players 20-30 years later, their eyes light up when they see you, and they still call you "coach". :p

As I was watching that piece, I couldn't help but wonder how many of the non-UConn players on the team at some point, (secreatly) wished they could have played for Geno in college. :rolleyes:
    There's no team in their group (B) that can beat them. Spain will be their toughest draw in that group, and they get to play them early on in the compitition (game #2 on Monday).
    They'll only have to face one team (the winner) from group A, which probably be Brazil or France.

There's no way our women will come back with anything other than gold.
    They are the best players in the world, coached by some of the best coaches in the world.
    Like many of you, I've got all of the games set to record on my DVR. Let the games begin!! Go USA.

Tip in: I hope ALL of the potential UConn recruits see this piece.

warbler13 likes this.
  7. Carnac

Carnac

Sue Diana and Maya were, are and will continue to be excellent ambassadores for UConn, and woemen's basketball. All 3 are accomplished (champions at two levels), smart, intelligent, persoanable, and articulate. Outstanding examples of the types of students the University of Connecticut, and....... CD's finishing school for ladies turns out. :D

jimazee and RockyMTblue2 like this.