Geno's girls: Auriemmas UConn Olympic Pipeline | The Boneyard

Geno's girls: Auriemmas UConn Olympic Pipeline

Reaction Score
I don't think I can watch this more than maybe 15-20 times. wow. Maya especially at the end says it all. But while I understand why Stewie wasn't included, but why not Tina?

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Well gang, after watching that piece, several things come to mind (that most of us already knew).
1. If we didn't know before, we do now, why Geno was chosen again to be the women's basketball head coach for 2016.
2. How much his former players really love, care, respect and revere him. All of them really enjoy and embrace the opportunity to play for him once again.

I'm sure he feels the same way about them. No matter what they do or where they go, they will ALWAYS be his girls. Those of you that have been teachers /coaches at any point in your life, know what I'm talking about. If you see one of your players 20-30 years later, their eyes light up when they see you, and they still call you "coach". :p

As I was watching that piece, I couldn't help but wonder how many of the non-UConn players on the team at some point, (secreatly) wished they could have played for Geno in college. :rolleyes:
There's no team in their group (B) that can beat them. Spain will be their toughest draw in that group, and they get to play them early on in the compitition (game #2 on Monday).
They'll only have to face one team (the winner) from group A, which probably be Brazil or France.

There's no way our women will come back with anything other than gold.
They are the best players in the world, coached by some of the best coaches in the world.
Like many of you, I've got all of the games set to record on my DVR. Let the games begin!! Go USA.

Tip in: I hope ALL of the potential UConn recruits see this piece.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
A great video from NBC Sports featuring Geno, Sue, Diana, and Maya.:);)

Geno's girls: Auriemma's UConn-Olympic pipeline

Sue Diana and Maya were, are and will continue to be excellent ambassadores for UConn, and woemen's basketball. All 3 are accomplished (champions at two levels), smart, intelligent, persoanable, and articulate. Outstanding examples of the types of students the University of Connecticut, and................. CD's finishing school for ladies turns out. :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom