Geno's comments on the new recruits | The Boneyard

Geno's comments on the new recruits

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Are expected on Saturday, so we need to be a little patient. I always like to hear what Coach has to say about the newbies, their skills, their games, their personalities, etc.

Megan is a first-rate talent, Mikayla is uber-athletic, Lexi is a solid all-around player, and Andi has been a deep threat since 7th grade.

From Jim Fuller: "Look for reaction from Geno Auriemma on Saturday as we will have media access that day in preparation for the season opener."

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
"But when you look at Meg, you can see, there isn't any part of the game [where] she can't have an impact on the court. Because she's big enough to be able to pull it off. I don't want to compare her to Maya Moore one iota, but she's got that same body type, that same ability to play different spots on the floor. Now the trick is going to be to see, can she come in here as a freshman and from day one physically be ready and compete like Maya did? That we won't know until she gets here."

Megan Walker Loved Storrs, Facilities, And Playing For A 'Legend'

Reaction Score
Thanks to both of you, should make for some exciting basketball down the road.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
"But when you look at Meg, you can see, there isn't any part of the game [where] she can't have an impact on the court. Because she's big enough to be able to pull it off. I don't want to compare her to Maya Moore one iota, but she's got that same body type, that same ability to play different spots on the floor. Now the trick is going to be to see, can she come in here as a freshman and from day one physically be ready and compete like Maya did? That we won't know until she gets here."

Megan Walker Loved Storrs, Facilities, And Playing For A 'Legend'
Thanks. I had missed that.

Maya was unique and arguably the best freshman ever (2nd in the AP NPOY voting), but Meg has the skill set of a very good college player already. She needs to learn from the staff and play harder than ever before, but she should be really, really good. As with Maya, when one watches Meg play, it is readily apparent that she is the best player on the floor by a wide margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom