Geno & UConn: The lure beyond the titles - Part 1 | The Boneyard

Geno & UConn: The lure beyond the titles - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
pap49cba said:
Three part interview series with Napheesa, KLS and De'Janae and their parents. Part 1 is Napheesa. LINK

Great stuff. Can't wait for the other two !

Reaction Score
Reminds me why I am such a big fan of this program. Can't wait to read the next two interviews!

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
It's amazing the things you do wrecked!

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Great read, glad to see that her parents aren't the star-struck type.

Reaction Score
Exceptional. That's the type of impression you would hope that kids would get on a visit. A homey environment, where the kids (and potential future teammates) are normal, everyday college kids, having fun and enjoying life until it's time to get serious and devote themselves to being the best that they can be. A coaching staff that has mutual respect for one another and a devotion to success, while making the student athletes aware that they have their overall welfare in mind, both on and off the court. Who wouldn't want their kids going into that type environment???? What young lady wouldn't want that for themselves????

Reaction Score
Great article. It makes one feel good to support such a fine program. Uconn wins the right way.

Reaction Score
Love it! Great Kid, Great Parents and a Great Program!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
These two quotes reveal the most about Geno (and his program) and Napheesa:

Napheesa : I was having trouble processing that I was talking to Coach Geno. I had seen him so many times on TV and it felt weird to be actually talking to him. He also told me that he really wanted me at Uconn but didn’t need me. I didn’t know what to think of that at first as it was so different from what everyone else was saying.

Napheesa : I never wanted to go somewhere I would be the best player and the star of the team because I feel that in order to be at my best, I have be around players that can push me to the Max.

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
Maybe other head coaches that use gimmicks should read this...........then maybe THEY will start getting top recruits.....this is why I love this team and coaches. No gimmicks, just up front and real

Last edited:
Reaction Score
These two quotes reveal the most about Geno (and his program) and Napheesa:

Napheesa : I was having trouble processing that I was talking to Coach Geno. I had seen him so many times on TV and it felt weird to be actually talking to him. He also told me that he really wanted me at Uconn but didn’t need me. I didn’t know what to think of that at first as it was so different from what everyone else was saying.

Napheesa : I never wanted to go somewhere I would be the best player and the star of the team because I feel that in order to be at my best, I have be around players that can push me to the Max.
Made me wonder what other coaches tell recruits? Also that bit about hotel-like dorms? Kind of wondering what it's like at other schools, but since I'm not a college athlete I guess I'll never know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom