Geno: "There's nothing to get excited about." | The Boneyard

Geno: "There's nothing to get excited about."

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I understand what Geno is saying. But the no crowd part does not work for me. There was a brief dialog on playing high school games and the crowd disappearing. Yeah, when the game was over and we won; the crowd's adulation was great. But ... I remember playing pickup games during the summer with no crowd. Yet, we played with a great intensity. Sometime too much when two guys had to be separated. When we won we did not need a crowd's adulation. Whether we won or not what we needed was another game until we were exhausted. The playing was the great joy and fun. Competition was what we desired as we "invaded" other school yards seeking fresh and better competition.

1612195204324.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah - struck me too. Even our amazing coach is subject to entitlement. Has to be ~95% of those who compete have seldom had a crowd beyond perhaps their parents, spouses or children.

Thanks for this post, SVC.

Wilderness

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Geno definitely has a difficult side. Just FF pass those parts.

Reaction Score
Conceding the quote very well may have a larger context than its face value, on the surface I have to agree. There is a courtroom scene in the hockey movie Mystery Alaska where Bailey, the lawyer for the town shares about the town player in court with him “he plays to play, he skates to skate, he doesn’t make a million dollars, he loves the game of hockey”. Auriemma’s feelings are certainly understandable in these weirdest of times but maybe he should look inward and remember why he fell in love with basketball in the first place, why his players did. If a score was being kept, I brought emotion and a will to win, wherever and whenever the game was, spectators or not.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom