Geno the politician ... or "we get how much money!!" | The Boneyard

Geno the politician ... or "we get how much money!!"

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Geno is being too funny about playing TENN. The money is under which table? :rolleyes::D;) (I know the money goes to Pat's charity!)
UConn, Tennessee to renew women's basketball rivalry

August, 14 2018
Geno: "I am happy to have the Lady Vols back on our schedule."
December 27, 2014
Geno: “I really don’t give two (rips) if we ever play them again, to be honest with you.”

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I suspect that Geno was cornered. A portion of the proceeds goes to the Naismith and the womens HOF as well as Pat's charity. He got an offer he could not refuse and was not about to let the offer fall to ND or some other top program. This is a boost to Tenn but other than some $ it does nothing for UConn.

Reaction Score
There's also the fact that a lot of time has passed, and time has a way of healing all wounds. It has been a decade, after all, and for this to happen now is I think good for the game. So whether Geno was cornered, or he's more or less decided to now let it go and let bygones be bygones, or perhaps some combination of both, I'm glad it's happening.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think UConn gets a lot out of it being in the American Conference. I am sure kids who come to UConn also want to play the historically big name schools.

Reaction Score
I suspect that Geno was cornered. A portion of the proceeds goes to the Naismith and the womens HOF as well as Pat's charity. He got an offer he could not refuse and was not about to let the offer fall to ND or some other top program. This is a boost to Tenn but other than some $ it does nothing for UConn.

It is a homecoming game for Dangerfield. That is not chopped liver.

Reaction Score
I think this is good for WCBB hence is good for us. I think its exciting although I would not call it a Rivalry game anymore. As a yankee fan, if the red sox were complete crap for a decade would I get worked up about a yankee/ RedSox game? Probably not.

Reaction Score

Since ND's "magical" season has temporarily moved them into a kind of parity with UConn at least from a media standpoint..............I think if these games bring UConn some additional national notoriety it's a very good thing............a bit of extra cash for a somewhat cash strapped state school isn't so bad either........

Reaction Score
I think this is good for WCBB hence is good for us. I think its exciting although I would not call it a Rivalry game anymore. As a yankee fan, if the red sox were complete crap for a decade would I get worked up about a yankee/ RedSox game? Probably not.
You mean like the 8 decades prior to 2004? :D

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It is a homecoming game for Dangerfield. That is not chopped liver.
Crystal will be a senior for the game against Tennessee in Hartford. When we play in Knoxville the following year, hopefully she will be starring in Europe or someplace like that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom