Geno The Giddy | The Boneyard

Geno The Giddy

Reaction Score
"Giddy" is not an adjective that springs to my mind readily when describing our peerless coach. On the latest Geno Show, which was Feb 7 (we think), while being interviewed about next year's entering class, Coach did seem downright giddy. As he described the five newbies one by one, his grins were endless and infectious. Have never seen him quite like this. And Westbrook, who, for all intents and purposes will be new to us next year, was not even discussed. Interested in how others read the boss on this.

Reaction Score
"Giddy" is not an adjective that springs to my mind readily when describing our peerless coach. On the latest Geno Show, which was Feb 7 (we think), while being interviewed about next year's entering class, Coach did seem downright giddy. As he described the five newbies one by one, his grins were endless and infectious. Have never seen him quite like this. And Westbrook, who, for all intents and purposes will be new to us next year, was not even discussed. Interested in how others read the boss on this.

if his entire recruiting class consisted of Paige Bueckers alone he would be giddy................add the rest of that very talented class and Ms Westbrook and he must be absolutely chuckling inside................of course wait till he has to figure out how to get all of them minutes...............you can be assured he will moan and groan about that next season........

Reaction Score
I watched a replay of the 2019 U19 game between Canada and the US (Youtube). Edwards had a tough time getting involved. To me, it looked as if she wanted to play outside. Maybe that was because of the size of the US posts. I'm far from qualified to judge. Her athleticism was obvious but while she was able to handle the ball in open court she wasn't anywhere near ready to deal with quick-handed defenders on the perimeter. She moved very well on defense but wasn't very aggressive on the boards. Of course she was up against Boston and Egbo.
It will be a year later when she arrives in Storrs and a year is a long time for a 17 year old but I doubt she will get much time initially.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Not wanting to jump the gun because we still have season left, but I’m also very excited about next year’s team and it’s fortunes. This team won’t lose more than 2 games the rest of the way. Lot’s of “raw” talent coming in eager to begin the transition from high school to elite D1 college basketball.

Reaction Score
I have not seen Bueckers play because I take nothing from highlight tapes so I will be anxious to see if she is really AS GOOD as many on here already assume. I am not remotely suggesting she is not because I have no idea, just very curious.
I have not been on this board nearly long enough to get a feel for most posters “slants” but there seems to be a consistent propensity for premature comparisons to UConn’s iconic players and the need to criticize or offer advise when players don’t match up to what are the best of the very best. The best of the very best are that because they are very rare.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I have not seen Bueckers play because I take nothing from highlight tapes so I will be anxious to see if she is really AS GOOD as many on here already assume. I am not remotely suggesting she is not because I have no idea, just very curious.
I have not been on this board nearly long enough to get a feel for most posters “slants” but there seems to be a consistent propensity for premature comparisons to UConn’s iconic players and the need to criticize or offer advise when players don’t match up to what are the best of the very best. The best of the very best are that because they are very rare.

There are plenty of full game videos of Paige playing for her Hopkins team you can look at.

I attach a link where they play a very good Wayzata team which shows Paige objectively. Geno is at this game so you can be rest assured this is a game you can trust to see her in a competative environment. Enjoy

Reaction Score
If this years Team matures and settles in their roles and responsibilities, coupled with the additions of next years Team, the prospects for UConn will improve. I must remind you that the new players as talented as they may be, will have to learn the "UConn" system and develop a new chemistry with the remaining talent. Prospects are good for being more competitive; having a stronger bench; opportunities for consistent scoring; and just for trying to new things. Sure: Geno must be "giddy" because he realizes that next year presents greater opportunities with a Team full of talented people.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I certainly don't claim to be a coach and have no idea what Geno will do next year, but I have posted this in other "can't wait till next year" threads.
I can envision a White team and a Blue team and doing wholesale replacements. Each "team" could be a mix of freshmen and returning players or be just the opposite. And he could mix and match the players to his heart's content and to keep us BYers happy.

Reaction Score
He was unusually upbeat and excited. He identified the unique quality of each player that made her a fit for UCONN. His throwaway line was, " don't get me wrong, they will have a lot to learn..." but his praise and enthusiasm were un Geno like.

Reaction Score
He was unusually upbeat and excited. He identified the unique quality of each player that made her a fit for UCONN. His throwaway line was, " don't get me wrong, they will have a lot to learn..." but his praise and enthusiasm were un Geno like.
I was not surprised at what he said about the recruits, except for A. Edwards. He rarely shares that he absolutely needs a player and that's precisely what he says on TV. I believe he probably believes that for Paige, but I think he's know that for a while, but I honestly believe he was blown away by the first impression of AE.

Reaction Score
There are plenty of full game videos of Paige playing for her Hopkins team you can look at.

I attach a link where they play a very good Wayzata team which shows Paige objectively. Geno is at this game so you can be rest assured this is a game you can trust to see her in a competative environment. Enjoy

Thank you very much.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom